edited April 22, 2008 in Other Cool Shots
2429704111_1c7bc20bcd_o.jpg
Visit My Web Site ~ http://www.tomkaszuba.com/

Comments

• Options
    MoniMoni Registered Users Posts: 245 Major grins
    edited April 21, 2008
    I love this!
    I love the composition with the shelves framing the people and the range of tones is great.
    Subject matter in the middle works for me in this one. It lets my eye roam to all the other things in the pic but always return to the people.

Very cool!
  • Options
    anwmn1anwmn1 Registered Users Posts: 3,469 Major grins
    edited April 21, 2008
    thumb.gif I like this one quite a bit as well. Though it is very centrally composed the aisles and DOF lead you to the subject. The tones are great clap.gif .

Did you plan to take this b&w or was it a decision made when looking at it in post?
    "The Journey of life is as much in oneself as the roads one travels"

Aaron Newman

Facebook: Capturing Light and Emotion
  • Options
    DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited April 21, 2008
    Ditto on anwmn1's question and also what lens did you use?

thumb.gif to you for a perfect photo in my eyes.
  • Options
    SloYerRollSloYerRoll Registered Users Posts: 2,788 Major grins
    edited April 21, 2008
    From your "Shoot from the hip" series I assume?

Great DOF control Tom.

What camera do you shoot w/ when going to public places like this?
  • Options
    Tom K.Tom K. Registered Users Posts: 817 Major grins
    edited April 22, 2008
    anwmn1 wrote:
    thumb.gif I like this one quite a bit as well. Though it is very centrally composed the aisles and DOF lead you to the subject. The tones are great clap.gif .

Did you plan to take this b&w or was it a decision made when looking at it in post?

The second i saw the photo open in PS I said this must be B&W. This is from my shoot from the hip series. I am trying to perfect my shoot from the hip technique. I used a Canon 5D and a 35 f/1.4L lens.

Thanks for all the comments folks.
    -Tom K.
    Visit My Web Site ~ http://www.tomkaszuba.com/
  • Options
    saurorasaurora Registered Users Posts: 4,320 Major grins
    edited April 22, 2008
    Nice shot! Would you believe I use to own and run an Italian bakery/deli with my ex-husband? We even baked our own rolls and bread. This scene looks so familar!!! The baskets of rolls lined up in front of the cases....the smell of fresh bread was beyond description! But the hard work, I don't miss!!! rolleyes1.gif (I was always a little nervous using those big meat slicers, too!) eek7.gif
  • Options
    DaddyODaddyO Registered Users Posts: 4,466 Major grins
    edited April 22, 2008
    Nice one. thumb.gif Especially given it being shot off the "hip". I've tried shooting
    indoors like this but the owners seem give me the "get out" look when I
    get noticed by them. Thats hard to take. :cry
    Michael
  • Options
    Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
    edited April 22, 2008
    You know - there's a rule about not putting your subject in the "bulls-eye" of a photo. This photo shows in a wonderful way that rules are meant to be broken - when you know why you are breaking them. As soon as I saw the photo, my attention was immediately drawn to the gentleman at the counter.

This is simply wonderful (hmmm, I guess I already used that adjective). I also love the high contrast of this image – you have good blacks and whites. Well done!thumb.gif