Options

My first wedding..

DrDavidDrDavid Registered Users Posts: 1,292 Major grins
edited April 22, 2008 in Weddings
Bride and groom both knew I had never done a wedding before. I went out and bought a 24-70mm 2.8L lens just for the wedding.. Here are some of the photos:

283437914_yCHRT-L.jpg

283389623_NbLjG-L.jpg

283393832_nBgZi-L.jpg

283418151_7fxgd-L.jpg

283437101_c3tEc-L.jpg

283437787_pHMca-L.jpg

283455449_i3VY3-L.jpg

Thanks for looking! :) I'll try to post more later :thumb

David

Comments

• Options
    Moogle PepperMoogle Pepper Registered Users Posts: 2,950 Major grins
    edited April 22, 2008
    I think you did a pretty good job! clap.gif

#3 I am not too sure about. She looks rather pale compared to the other photos of her. Maybe the flash? headscratch.gif
    Food & Culture.
    www.tednghiem.com
  • Options
    edited April 22, 2008
    I think you did a pretty good job! clap.gif

#3 I am not too sure about. She looks rather pale compared to the other photos of her. Maybe the flash? headscratch.gif
    It was the lighting. It was all indoors with WAY too little light for the whole wedding. SO, I was constantly tweaking the flash/aperture,etc.. I'm sure I need to rebalance some images.

David
  • Options
    BriShayBriShay Registered Users Posts: 274 Major grins
    edited April 22, 2008
    look good to me!
    Shayna
    I'm a Nikon Girl:tuesday
    www.BriShayPhotography.com
  • Options
    jeffreaux2jeffreaux2 Registered Users Posts: 4,762 Major grins
    edited April 22, 2008
    Hmmm,
    It appears there was a ton of existing light pouring in on most of these. The couple of indoor weddings I have done were so dark as to make me nervous about walking around during the ceremony for fear of tripping....mwink.gif

Overall I think you did a great job....and how about that nice lens you got out of the deal!!!

Thanks for sharing.
  • Options
    edited April 22, 2008
    jeffreaux2 wrote:
    Hmmm,
    It appears there was a ton of existing light pouring in on most of these. The couple of indoor weddings I have done were so dark as to make me nervous about walking around during the ceremony for fear of tripping....mwink.gif

Overall I think you did a great job....and how about that nice lens you got out of the deal!!!

Thanks for sharing.
    The light was a result of a really big flash, high ISO, a wide aperture, and a whole lot of processing in lightroom and i2e :) So, yeah it looks OK now; but, it wasn't right from camera--that's for sure.

And the lens.. I love it! But, now I need a 40D or 5D to go with it. The rebel XT is just too underpowered for that lens.. lol3.gif

I didn't post the REALLY dark photos here. You can check them out here: http://www.wolfsnap.com/gallery/4762274_PwWRo

I'm happy with the results. Of course, I'd be even happier with the 40D/5D or (even better) 1Ds, but, I can't have everything (but, luckily, I CAN have the 24-70L :) )

David
  • Options
    jeffreaux2jeffreaux2 Registered Users Posts: 4,762 Major grins
    edited April 22, 2008
    DrDavid wrote:
    The light was a result of a really big flash, high ISO, a wide aperture, and a whole lot of processing in lightroom and i2e :) So, yeah it looks OK now; but, it wasn't right from camera--that's for sure.

And the lens.. I love it! But, now I need a 40D or 5D to go with it. The rebel XT is just too underpowered for that lens.. lol3.gif

I didn't post the REALLY dark photos here. You can check them out here: http://www.wolfsnap.com/gallery/4762274_PwWRo

I'm happy with the results. Of course, I'd be even happier with the 40D/5D or (even better) 1Ds, but, I can't have everything (but, luckily, I CAN have the 24-70L :) )

David

I still think you did a pretty good job. I didn't look at every image, but those that I did were shot at ISO400 and 800. Just for my enlightenment....what exactly is a BIG FLASH?
  • Options
    edited April 22, 2008
    jeffreaux2 wrote:
    I still think you did a pretty good job. I didn't look at every image, but those that I did were shot at ISO400 and 800. Just for my enlightenment....what exactly is a BIG FLASH?
    580EX set to +2 and a light sphere on top. It was bright! Laughing.gif

I had a bunch at 1600ISO too near the end...

David
  • Options
    joshhuntnmjoshhuntnm Registered Users Posts: 1,924 Major grins
    edited April 22, 2008
    Let me ask you about the first one--all good overall, by the way. I just got a 1.8 85mm lense and am really watching the depth of field these days. is the groom a little out of fucus?
  • Options
    edited April 22, 2008
    joshhuntnm wrote:
    Let me ask you about the first one--all good overall, by the way. I just got a 1.8 85mm lense and am really watching the depth of field these days. is the groom a little out of fucus?
    Yes, he's a bit soft. I claim that I did it on purpose.. lol3.gif Actually, it looks really nice IMHO. AND, the couple were *supposed* to give me like 30-45 mins of time to take artistic photos. They lasted for about 3 minutes.

David
  • Options
    joshhuntnmjoshhuntnm Registered Users Posts: 1,924 Major grins
    edited April 22, 2008
    DrDavid wrote:
    Yes, he's a bit soft. I claim that I did it on purpose.. lol3.gif Actually, it looks really nice IMHO. AND, the couple were *supposed* to give me like 30-45 mins of time to take artistic photos. They lasted for about 3 minutes.

David

IMHO if it is on purpose, it ought to be a bit MORE soft.
  • Options
    edited April 22, 2008
    joshhuntnm wrote:
    IMHO if it is on purpose, it ought to be a bit MORE soft.
    Truth be told, that particular image was at f/2.8. I *should* have shot it at 3.5 or 4.0. But, I couldn't have shot wider than 2.8. But, I personally like the effect.