Options

My Senior Last Week...Cc's always welcomed

SenecaSeneca Registered Users Posts: 1,661 Major grins
edited April 24, 2008 in People
SmallTravisIMGL2307.jpg
SmallTRAVISIMGL2303copy.jpg
SmallTravisIMGL2298.jpg
SmallTRAVISIMGL2292Copy.jpg

Post processing done on the sidewalk. The sidewalk was gray. Thought it would look better blue.

Comments

• Options
    jeffreaux2jeffreaux2 Registered Users Posts: 4,762 Major grins
    edited April 23, 2008
    Very Nice!!!

I especially am drawn to #2.

Maybe it's just me, but the sidewalk in #3 seems to be getting more of my attention than his face. It just seems like the background is trying to be the subject rather than the senior. Perhaps this is due to the BG just being more contrasty than the subject?

In my limited experience with high school seniors, it seems that the boys are generally less than enthusiastic about having to take time out to have their photo taken. This is in stark contrast with the girls. That said, the boys are all about getting it done quickly and are very cooperative to that end....and generally require about 1/4th the amount of shooting time.

Overall I think you did an excellent job!! Thanks for sharing!!!
  • Options
    edited April 23, 2008
    jeffreaux2 wrote:
    Very Nice!!!

I especially am drawn to #2....

...In my limited experience with high school seniors, it seems that the boys are generally less than enthusiastic about having to take time out to have their photo taken. This is in stark contrast with the girls. That said, the boys are all about getting it done quickly and are very cooperative to that end....and generally require about 1/4th the amount of shooting time.

Overall I think you did an excellent job!! Thanks for sharing!!!

You are so right about boys vs. girls senior pictures. The majority of my clients are boys because my son has played baseball for years and all his friends have older brothers and this is how I get my business.

Girls are fun to deal with, because it's a model shoot for them...they love having their picture taken. Boys...yes you've nailed it - want it to be over and done with in about 30 minutes. This is only 1/8 of what I took. I believe all the others came out good too...but these were my personal best. I typically enlarge these for my studio examples. Thanks for the kind words.
  • Options
    heatherfeatherheatherfeather Registered Users Posts: 2,738 Major grins
    edited April 23, 2008
    Yeah, #2 is the best of the bunch...Though #4 is not too far behind.

And I have to mirror what Jeff said about the sidewalk. It looks like it is made out of metal or something. (Maybe it is? I don't know...)
  • Options
    edited April 23, 2008
    Hi Heather...thanks for commenting on my images. The sidewalk is really my sidewalk made of cement. It's suppose to look like stone, but I believe the people who had the house built just had the concrete scored to look like stone. This image was taken in the middle of the day...the sun was at it's peak...which is HOT HOT HOT, and it was glaring down on that gray sidewalk.

I have another image of another boy on that same sidewalk, so when the parent saw it...she ask if I could take one of her son this way too. I knew that the day was too hot and the sidewalk was going to be "blown out" which it was, and why I painted it blue. I also used fill-flash since the sun was on his back. Funny thing people who dont' really know photography all that well...tend to be drawn to the images that I think are not that good.
    My client loved the blue treatment.

All images were taken at my studio which is my home.
  • Options
    BriShayBriShay Registered Users Posts: 274 Major grins
    edited April 23, 2008
    2 & 4 are my faves! I think you did a great job, i agree wtih the other sidewalk comments...

But i know what you are saying, the client doesn't usually pick my fave and a lot of times they pick my least fave.
    Shayna
    I'm a Nikon Girl:tuesday
    www.BriShayPhotography.com
  • Options
    edited April 23, 2008
    BriShay wrote:
    2 & 4 are my faves! I think you did a great job, i agree wtih the other sidewalk comments...

But i know what you are saying, the client doesn't usually pick my fave and a lot of times they pick my least fave.

Thanks for the nice comment Bri...
  • Options
    qsjewlqsjewl Registered Users Posts: 101 Major grins
    edited April 23, 2008
    I really like #4. In the other pics it seems as if his smile is forced (maybe he just wanted to be done already!!), but in #4 it looks natural. I like the background and think it's the best one. Great job.
  • Options
    AgnieszkaAgnieszka Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,263 Major grins
    edited April 23, 2008
    Well done. clap.gif I think my favs are 1&2!
  • Options
    edited April 23, 2008
    Thanks everyone for all the nice comments. wings.gif This senior was such a sweet boy...but yes he was ready to be done with the shoot after 45 minutes.
  • Options
    CassisPCassisP Registered Users Posts: 60 Big grins
    edited April 23, 2008
    hmm as a teenage girl I like #3 the best... mwink.gifrolleyes1.gifrolleyes no they are all good actually. though the sidewalk reminds of the yellow brick road... only not.... eek7.gif
  • Options
    joshhuntnmjoshhuntnm Registered Users Posts: 1,924 Major grins
    edited April 24, 2008
    At the risk of piling on, the sidewalk doesn't do it for me either. What I DO like about that pose is the light on the hair.
  • Options
    edited April 24, 2008
    CassisP wrote:
    hmm as a teenage girl I like #3 the best... mwink.gifrolleyes1.gifrolleyes no they are all good actually. though the sidewalk reminds of the yellow brick road... only not.... eek7.gif

Yellow Brick Road...rolleyes1.gif I love it. You know my 18 year old client also loved #3 the best...I don't get it...my clients always I mean ALWAYS buy the images that I don't like. It's weird. headscratch.gif . They have a game room and have order a 16x20 (framed) of that image.
  • Options
    edited April 24, 2008
    joshhuntnm wrote:
    At the risk of piling on, the sidewalk doesn't do it for me either. What I DO like about that pose is the light on the hair.

Hi Josh...

As I mentioned above...it was one of his favorites...I wasn't crazy about it either...especially when I saw it out of the camera - agh! They sidewalk was so blown out that I thought "Ahhhh hell!...ok time to pp it." ne_nau.gif

You would really hate the original. But thank goodness for CS3...it's a photographers dream. You couldn't tell, but my client also has an acne problem....but again...Dr. Seneca can fix anything. wings.gif
  • Options
    AgnieszkaAgnieszka Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,263 Major grins
    edited April 24, 2008
    Seneca wrote:
    Yellow Brick Road...rolleyes1.gif I love it. You know my 18 year old client also loved #3 the best...I don't get it...my clients always I mean ALWAYS buy the images that I don't like. It's weird. headscratch.gif . They have a game room and have order a 16x20 (framed) of that image.

Haha, that is too funny (not that I don't like #3) ... but my clients also always choose the wirdest photos. It's always scary when a new album order comes in :uhoh .. haha ... good job on the acne though! You can't tell at all clap.gif