Options

A fast 50cc Honda

silversx80silversx80 Registered Users Posts: 604 Major grins
edited April 24, 2008 in Other Cool Shots
Well, not really. This is my little brother riding by out in front of the parents' house. We're both visiting, and stealing Greg's 50cc, he's the youngest and still lives at home. Anyway, this is my first (successful) attempt at shooting a moving subject. I think this fits into this forum, if not feel free to move it mods. C&C much appreciated.

Evolt E-410, ISO 100, 1/60 sec exposure, F7.1, 27mm focal length (54mm on a 35mm film), -0.7 EV.
2434659791_3e486a8015_o.jpg
- Joe
http://silversx80.smugmug.com/
Olympus E-M5, 12-50mm, 45mm f/1.8
Some legacy OM lenses and an OM-10

Comments

• Options
    anwmn1anwmn1 Registered Users Posts: 3,469 Major grins
    edited April 22, 2008
    rolleyes1.gif

That is too funny and a very good first go at panning. clap.gifclap.gif

Thanks for the smile!! thumb.gif
    "The Journey of life is as much in oneself as the roads one travels"

Aaron Newman

Facebook: Capturing Light and Emotion
  • Options
    edited April 23, 2008
    anwmn1 wrote:
    Thanks for the smile!! thumb.gif

I'm glad you like it :D , we had fun making the photo. I'm thinking wheelies will be a fun next shot mwink.gif
    - Joe
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Major grins Bournemouth, UKPosts: 0 Major grins
    edited April 23, 2008
    I like the shot, I remember those little 50cc honda's thwey just went on and on and on and on and ................

Some friends I knew did school boy motox and their dad built them a motox bike based on a 50cc honda (he changed the head and piston to a honda 90 and a barrel from a honda 70) and the only time that thing stopped in 2 years it took us over an hour to remove all the clay from around the wheel.

Tim
  • Options
    anwmn1anwmn1 Registered Users Posts: 3,469 Major grins
    edited April 23, 2008
    silversx80 wrote:
    I'm glad you like it :D , we had fun making the photo. I'm thinking wheelies will be a fun next shot mwink.gif

Next time- boost your ISO a little bit to get some more light indeal.gif The background may wash out a little but it will improve the speed feel.
    "The Journey of life is as much in oneself as the roads one travels"

Aaron Newman

Facebook: Capturing Light and Emotion
  • Options
    SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited April 24, 2008
    silversx80 wrote:
    Well, not really. This is my little brother riding by out in front of the parents' house. We're both visiting, and stealing Greg's 50cc, he's the youngest and still lives at home. Anyway, this is my first (successful) attempt at shooting a moving subject. I think this fits into this forum, if not feel free to move it mods. C&C much appreciated.

Evolt E-410, ISO 100, 1/60 sec exposure, F7.1, 27mm focal length (54mm on a 35mm film), -0.7 EV.

This kind of fun can result in a visit from a Police Officer over here nod.gif
    Your Pan worked well, the motion blur in the background makes it look like your brother is just flying along .... well done thumb.gif .... Skippy :D
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • Options
    JthmeffyJthmeffy Registered Users Posts: 48 Big grins
    edited April 24, 2008
    looks great! made me smile :)
    just dont do the wheelie pic with your SV..thumb.gif (this forum needs a squid smiley:D)
    Current Equipment: Canon EOS 5D Mark II, Canon EF 28 - 135 mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM / Canon EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 IS USM / Canon EF 50mm f1.4 USM
    Coming Soon: Canon EF 100mm f/2.8L IS USM / Canon Speedlite 430EX II / Good Tripod (Hopefully a Manfrotto with a ballhead)
  • Options
    edited April 24, 2008
    Jthmeffy wrote:
    looks great! made me smile :)
    just dont do the wheelie pic with your SV..thumb.gif (this forum needs a squid smiley:D)

Not to worry, I'm relatively tame on the SV. The 50, we're downright hooligans silent.gif

:D
    - Joe