Sponsor for Sports Shooter

Antonio CorreiaAntonio Correia Registered Users Posts: 6,241 Major grins
edited April 28, 2008 in Sports
I nead some one to sponsor me to become a member of Sports Shooter.

Who is willing to do this for me, please ? :D
All the best ! ... António Correia - Facebook

Comments

• gusgus Registered Users Posts: 16,209 Major grins
    edited April 24, 2008
    Bump
  • Antonio CorreiaAntonio Correia Registered Users Posts: 6,241 Major grins
    edited April 24, 2008
    gus wrote:
    Bump

Thank you Gus.bowdown.gif
    i tried by myself and it was refused.:cry

Never mind.:D

I didn't deserve the credit.

It's OK. Next time. :D

Cheersthumb.gif
  • aktseaktse Registered Users Posts: 1,928 Major grins
    edited April 24, 2008
    Thank you Gus.bowdown.gif
    i tried by myself and it was refused.:cry

Never mind.:D

I didn't deserve the credit.

It's OK. Next time. :D

Cheersthumb.gif

Can you post the photos that you used for admission?
    edited April 24, 2008
    aktse wrote:
    Can you post the photos that you used for admission?

I am sorry but I can't, because I have been very naive and just gave my link to the website ... bowdown.gifD

I didn't even read the f... mail to the end...:D I just erased it but I can still recover it.
    No. I will recover it now and paste it here.
    It goes like this:

" Hello, and thank you for expressing an interest in becoming a member of SportsShooter.com.

You have asked to join the site without a sponsor, and unfortunately, we are unable to approve your request.

However, all is not lost! Do not jump off a building or bridge. This is not the end of the world. There may have been errors in your submission, or the review committee felt that you weren't quite ready yet, or maybe both.

Being invited to join SportsShooter.com without a sponsor is NOT an easy thing to do. Your application must be perfect, your images must be strong, your work credentials and identification must be able to be verified, and you must be able to demonstrate that you can work within the acceptable standards of the professional sports photography/photojournalism industry.

People become members of SportsShooter.com for many reasons. Non-members visit the site for many reasons. But there's one thing we know for sure - that people respect SportsShooter.com because we maintain a high level of quality.

In short, we want our members to look good. We want them to get the most from their membership. We know what others are looking for, and what works - and we're more than willing to share this information - it makes our members look good, and it makes the site look good.

Please review the list below. This list outlines the most common reasons for non-activation. When you finish reading it, read it again. Think about what we're saying, and then, if you wish, begin the application process again with your new-found insight.

You should seriously consider finding an existing member who can sponsor you. Working with a sponsor enables you to get a second opinion on your work, and your application.

The administrators of SportsShooter.com are unable to give personal portfolio critiques to new member applicants. We did this in the past, but it was overwhelming due to the large amount of people wishing to join each day. That's why we're sending this rather lengthy email to you now - we hope it helps. Please review this information - and get a second (or third) opinion on the work you submitted.

Photographers are their own worst editors, so it helps to get a different opinion on the body of work you've submitted.

SportsShooter.com is a community of the best sports photographers and photojournalists in the industry. To be accepted as a member to this site, you must demonstrate that your work, and your professionalism, is within the acceptable quality standards of the sports photography/photojournalism industry.

Please understand that approximately 80% of all first-time applicants to SportsShooter.com are not accepted upon their initial submission. It is not easy to be accepted.

Sending angry email to us will NOT help your chances, and it certainly won't "change our mind." Working hard, paying attention, fixing problems, and not allowing your ego to get in the way of learning, growing, and listening WILL help your chances.

Thanks in advance for understanding, and for you interest in SportsShooter.com

List of Common Reasons for Non-Activation: ..."

Thank you for your interest:D bowdown.gifthumb
  • ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,934 moderator
    edited April 24, 2008
    You should go through the contacts over on SS and find someone who lives
    in your area. Contact them and see if they'd be willing to sponsor you.
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?
    edited April 25, 2008
    ian408 wrote:
    You should go through the contacts over on SS and find someone who lives
    in your area. Contact them and see if they'd be willing to sponsor you.

bowdown.gif There are two Portuguese there.
    I'll see what I can do.
    Thank you Ian:D
    edited April 25, 2008
    Indeed I shoot very little sports.
    However, today I have done this just to give a try.
    It is true that it is not the very first time... butne_nau.gif
    284812688_87gca-M-1.jpg, .. 284811637_KxyHS-M-1.jpg . 284811704_afB9c-M-1.jpg . 284812484_znNht-M-1.jpg

What do you think of these ? headscratch.gif
  • PineapplePhotoPineapplePhoto Registered Users Posts: 474 Major grins
    edited April 25, 2008
    However, today I have done this just to give a try.
    It is true taht it is not the very first time... butne_nau.gif
    284812688_87gca-M-1.jpg, .. 284811637_KxyHS-M-1.jpg . 284811704_afB9c-M-1.jpg . 284812484_znNht-M-1.jpg

What do you think of these ? headscratch.gif

Good action, thought last one is slightly underexposed... but shooting in the middle of the day and they got helmets on, that is a tough combination...

now, what the heck is this sport? kayak-polo? i'd never seen this before.

I'd say you may want to stick to "traditional" sports... for the portfolio purposes... Basketball, Baseball and certainly Football.
    Body: Canon 1D Mark II N | Canon 30D w/BG-E2 Flash: Canon 580EX II | Quantum T4d | Strobes & Monolights
    Glass: Sigma 70-200 f2.8 | Sigma 20 f1.8 | Canon 28-135 f3.5-5.6 IS USM
  • ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,934 moderator
    edited April 25, 2008
    I'd say you may want to stick to "traditional" sports... for the portfolio purposes... Basketball, Baseball and certainly Football.

Actually, while it's a sports based site and the emphasis is on sports, not all
    portfolios are 100% sport shots (though they are sports related).

One other thing you will want to practice doing is captioning your photos.
    For examples, have a look at SS. You can lurk on the site and pick stuff up
    from the various members.
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?
  • aktseaktse Registered Users Posts: 1,928 Major grins
    edited April 25, 2008
  • Frog LadyFrog Lady Registered Users Posts: 1,091 Major grins
    edited April 25, 2008

Hi Antonio - just curious, if you don't shoot sports much, what is your rationale for wanting to joing Sports Shooters?

With regards to the kayak/water polo match you posted, I think #3 is exposed the best and is overall a good sport shot (face, ball, action), but I think it needs to have the horizon straightened. I think the field of view needs to be expanded in #1 a bit more and it needs some PP (looks flat). I like the action in #2, but again it seems flat. In the last one, your focus is off... you've focused on the back players that aren't involved in the action and the front players seem soft.

good luck,

C.
    Colleen
    check out my (sports) pics: ColleenBonney.smugmug.com

*Thanks to Boolsacho for the avatar photo (from the dgrin portrait project)
    edited April 26, 2008
    Good action, thought last one is slightly underexposed... but shooting in the middle of the day and they got helmets on, that is a tough combination...

now, what the heck is this sport? kayak-polo? i'd never seen this before.

Thank you for commenting PineapplePhoto.bowdown.gif
    I was told that this sport is called Canoe Polo in the States. However, I don't know how reliable this information is ...
    In fact the Sun was very bright and the light very harsh. I did used my CPF.
    I came back in the afternoon and did some more shots. The light was better and I tried to improve moving into a higher ISO to get very fast speeds.

In terms of portfolio purposes I can tell you that I shoot for pleasure and fun and if I wanted to come in SS it was with the same purpose I have here: learn, discuss, question, participate.

Here we are in a very good forum with friendly and nice people and I thing that SS is also a good one. :D

I hope to be able to go and shoot football tomorrow.
    285009379_jnYyC-M.jpg . 285008287_SYjBD-M.jpg
    edited April 26, 2008
    ian408 wrote:
    Actually, while it's a sports based site and the emphasis is on sports, not all
    portfolios are 100% sport shots (though they are sports related).

One other thing you will want to practice doing is captioning your photos.
    For examples, have a look at SS. You can lurk on the site and pick stuff up
    from the various members.

:Dbowdown.gif Ian:D
    edited April 26, 2008
    aktse wrote:
    Did you read this?

I did now and I think that now I am not at this level. Yet ! :D
    Will I ever be ? ne_nau.gif

I do understand the question: only super pictures !
    Good. Nice purpose.

This gives credit to SS.
    :Dbowdown.gif
    edited April 26, 2008
    Frog Lady wrote:
    Hi Antonio - just curious, if you don't shoot sports much, what is your rationale for wanting to joing Sports Shooters?

With regards to the kayak/water polo match you posted, I think #3 is exposed the best and is overall a good sport shot (face, ball, action), but I think it needs to have the horizon straightened. I think the field of view needs to be expanded in #1 a bit more and it needs some PP (looks flat). I like the action in #2, but again it seems flat. In the last one, your focus is off... you've focused on the back players that aren't involved in the action and the front players seem soft.

good luck,

C.

Hello Coleen,
    As I told before in another post here the purpose of being in SS was/is the same that here: learn, learn, learn.:D

Thank you for commenting my photos. :D
    I post here 2 more from the afternoon shoot.
    285003147_2DUuK-M.jpg . 285011635_nNhdH-M.jpg
  • TPBinKCTPBinKC Registered Users Posts: 194 Major grins
    edited April 27, 2008
    Thank you for commenting PineapplePhoto.bowdown.gif

I hope to be able to go and shoot football tomorrow.

Please post some of your football photos when you can.
    edited April 27, 2008
    TPBinKC wrote:
    Please post some of your football photos when you can.

bowdown.gif but I am ill today and I can't go and get all that Sun ... and I don't have the mood to go and shoot.:cry

Not the usual enthusiasm :cry...

Later I will post more sport shots.

:Dbowdown.gif
  • James BroomeJames Broome Registered Users Posts: 58 Big grins
    edited April 28, 2008
    If you're interested at all, the 10 images I sent to SportsShooter to become a member came from this gallery. I don't remember the exact 10 I chose, though.

They don't all have to be sports, but they should all be different, in focus, color corrected, exposed well, and show emotion or peak-action.
    James Broome • Tampa, FL
    www.jamesbroome.com
    My SportsShooter.com Profile
    Canon user since 1984 • Photoshop user since 1991
    1D Mk IIn • 24-70 f/2.8L • 70-200 f/2.8L • 300 f/2.8L
    edited April 28, 2008
    If you're interested at all, the 10 images I sent to SportsShooter to become a member came from this gallery. I don't remember the exact 10 I chose, though.

They don't all have to be sports, but they should all be different, in focus, color corrected, exposed well, and show emotion or peak-action.

Nice pictures you have James.:Dthumb.gif
    Thank you for the tip.bowdown.gif

:Dthumb.gif