Options

A wee trip in Ireland

OsirisPhotoOsirisPhoto Registered Users Posts: 367 Major grins
edited April 28, 2008 in Journeys
Yet another family wedding (my partner has lots of cousins :D), and a chance to visit some nice areas in Ireland.

Driving down a typical country road in County Carlow, we had a nice reminder why Ireland is called the Emerald Isle...
285715229_FShdh-L.jpg

Of all the places to have a wedding, this would be a favourite for many. Lovely Kilkea Castle, although the Catholic wedding ceremony itself had to be elsewhere, this was the venue of the reception and where many of the guests stayed the night. The groom was very impressed by the bridal suite's bathroom.. it was in the tower :D
285713631_tvreb-L.jpg

The legend of the castle...
285715765_XB9dU-L.jpg

Did I mention it was a castle?
285714609_z8ui5-L.jpg

The bride and groom (unfortunately before I had a chance to put the flash gel on :rolleyes).
285713959_VQWJc-L.jpg

The one thing the Irish know how to do is have a party.. especially a wedding :wink A gentle and romatic first dance? No chance!
285714216_jrY4D-L.jpg

Next day.. celebrations "part two". A barbecue / get-together for the new and old families. The Emerald Isle decided it needed some more rain to keep it lush, so it was on with the waterproofs for the 'outdoor addicts'...
285716724_NyfvX-L.jpg

Although this elderly member of the family had decided to call it an early night..
285718409_cxhz9-L.jpg

Comments

• Options
    Moogle PepperMoogle Pepper Registered Users Posts: 2,950 Major grins
    edited April 28, 2008
    Kilkea castle!!

One place I wasn't able to visit, due to time constraints while I was in Ireland! Thank you! More reasons to go back! rolleyes1.gif
    Food & Culture.
    www.tednghiem.com
  • Options
    GreensquaredGreensquared Registered Users Posts: 2,115 Major grins
    edited April 28, 2008
    Very nice images with a story! Ireland is definitely on my list of places I want to visit!
    Emily
    Psalm 62:5-6