Options

Gettysburg, PA

jzieglerjziegler Registered Users Posts: 420 Major grins
This weekend, I'll be in Gettysburg, PA for Greyhounds in Gettysburg. I'm already planning to do one of the ghost tours offered there Saturday evening (they have a special one that takes the dogs along). Is there anything in particular that is a must see/must photograph in Gettysburg? Anywhere that I go must be accessable to large dogs (I have two greyhounds). I'm looking forward to the weekend, and much of the time will be taken with greyhound events and seminars, but there will be some time to explore too.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Comments

• Options
    PupatorPupator Registered Users Posts: 2,322 Major grins
    edited April 29, 2008
    Hi James! :D

I was in Gettysburg the same weekend you were, I'm just sorry I didn't see your post earlier.

You probably realized when you got there that there's tons to photograph! The battlefield is incredibly large and has more monuments than any other field in the world. My favorite view is from the top of little round top - so if you didn't wander up there be sure to next time. There are also several great observation towers with impressive views.
  • Options
    jzieglerjziegler Registered Users Posts: 420 Major grins
    edited April 29, 2008
    Pupator wrote:
    Hi James! :D

I was in Gettysburg the same weekend you were, I'm just sorry I didn't see your post earlier.

You probably realized when you got there that there's tons to photograph! The battlefield is incredibly large and has more monuments than any other field in the world. My favorite view is from the top of little round top - so if you didn't wander up there be sure to next time. There are also several great observation towers with impressive views.

Having the dogs around, we actually didn't make it to the battlefield at all. All of the photos that I took were of the dogs (I hope that you saw at least a few of them around town). We stayed at a hotel at the outlet center (where most of the greyhound events were located) and stayed to that area much of the time. But, the greyhound parade and costume contest were good.

We already have reservations for a hotel for the same event next year, if we are a little less tired (one of our dogs has been getting my wife up every night multiple times recently) we will explore a little more.