Options

Google Analytics sales goal funnel

DrDavidDrDavid Registered Users Posts: 1,292 Major grins
Has anyone figured out a way to have Google Analytics' Sales Goals funnel operate on SM? Is there *any* way to add something to the footer of the order cart screens?

David

Comments

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited March 23, 2008
    DrDavid wrote:
    Is there *any* way to add something to the footer of the order cart screens?

David
    No, I'm very sorry there is not.
  • Options
    edited March 23, 2008
    :cry Would you guys consider a plugin, kinda like google maps, but with google analytics? i.e. just input our analytics key, and you have the code on the secure pages to avoid any issues of security?

David
  • Options
    hosflyhosfly Registered Users Posts: 4 Beginner grinner
    edited April 29, 2008
    I second that.
  • Options
    bwgbwg Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,119 SmugMug Employee
    edited April 30, 2008
    DrDavid wrote:
    :cry Would you guys consider a plugin, kinda like google maps, but with google analytics? i.e. just input our analytics key, and you have the code on the secure pages to avoid any issues of security?

David
    yup thumb.gif
    Pedal faster
  • Options
    edited April 30, 2008
    bigwebguy wrote:
    yup thumb.gif
    clap.gif Don't tease me on this.. That would be a HUGE thing. Being able to track conversions, etc.. would be worth its weight in gold!

David
  • Options
    claudermilkclaudermilk Registered Users Posts: 2,756 Major grins
    edited April 30, 2008
    It would be nice. I played with the goals funnel & what I finally got to is I suspect it's changing the URL from your custom or sublet one (username.smugmug.com) to Smugmug's own for the shopping cart that kills it--the user isn't technically IN your site while in the shoping cart, and that's where Analytics needs to look to work. Of course I could be all wet.
  • Options
    nocturne1nocturne1 Registered Users Posts: 36 Big grins
    edited May 2, 2008
    Seems to me that if Smugmug helps us with tools to diagnose/track customer purchase behavior, we can then do something to improve the purchase percentage, therefore meaning more sales for Smugmug, as well as us. Win-Win. So what's the holdup? ;)