Options

Shiva, dog pictures

Adrian van AmmersAdrian van Ammers Registered Users Posts: 351 Major grins
edited March 25, 2005 in Other Cool Shots
Hi everybody, I'm still a bit new here. Dog pictures can be posted here I guess?
Shiva is the dog of my son and friend. Shiva had some major operations on hips and legs. She is fine now.

17956494-L.jpg
Amazing how she liked the ice cold water
17956469-L.jpg
Begging for a cookie
17956474-L.jpg

This indoor shot was done with an omnibounce diffuser
17956501-L.jpg

Comments

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited March 21, 2005
    we have a rule about dog pics here
    17956501-Ti.jpg

only cute dogs lol3.gif

well done, adrian!
  • Options
    edited March 21, 2005
    andy wrote:
    only cute dogs lol3.gif
    OMG, only cute dogs allowed, pfff, narrow escape, Shiva is soooooooo cute!

well done, adrian!
    Thanks Andy, as always a pleasure meeting you. I really like this place. Everywhere moderators to take care of us, hehe.
  • Options
    lynnmalynnma Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 5,207 Major grins
    edited March 22, 2005
    Thanks Andy, as always a pleasure meeting you. I really like this place. Everywhere moderators to take care of us, hehe.
    this is my forum and I say that all doggies.. I repeat all doggies are welcomed, loved and respected in this forum.. even if they border on ugly.. which no doggie does in actual fact..1drink.gif
  • Options
    ruttrutt Registered Users Posts: 6,511 Major grins
    edited March 22, 2005
    The last two are just super dog portraits. My dog (and teenagers) heads for the hills when I get out the camera and I've never done as well. I think she hates the flash and associates it with the camera even when there is no flash on it (after all, what can you expect...) The teenagers, on the other hand, just don't like the pictures I take of them.

#3 looks oversharpened to me, especially the blak area just to the left of her tounge. (Maybe she was just eating dirt or something.) Perhaps you need a little lighter hand with USM (or whatever you used) and then use the sharpen tool just on the catchlight in her eye. Another option would be to USM in CMYK and don't sharpen the black channel. It's hard to say without seeing the original.

My dog is a black lab and that black fur can really be postprocessing headache.
    If not now, when?
  • Options
    4labs4labs Registered Users Posts: 2,089 Major grins
    edited March 22, 2005
    rutt wrote:

I hear ya on that. Rutt why don't you share a picture of your lab with us? Please:DI obviously am partial.

Beautiful pup Adrian thnxs for sharing
  • Options
    edited March 23, 2005
    I hear you Lynn, loud and clear, haha.
    lynnma wrote:
    this is my forum and I say that all doggies.. I repeat all doggies are welcomed, loved and respected in this forum.. even if they border on ugly.. which no doggie does in actual fact..1drink.gif
    clap.gif Doggies allowed! Shiva says thank you!
  • Options
    lynnmalynnma Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 5,207 Major grins
    edited March 23, 2005
    clap.gif Doggies allowed! Shiva says thank you!
    :smooch kiss for Shiva..:D
  • Options
    bfjrbfjr Registered Users Posts: 10,980 Major grins
    edited March 23, 2005
    Great shots thumb.gif
    Glad I can just view and not smell, wet dogs just smell funky :uhoh:D

thanks for sharing
  • Options
    ruttrutt Registered Users Posts: 6,511 Major grins
    edited March 23, 2005
    4labs wrote:
    I hear ya on that. Rutt why don't you share a picture of your lab with us? Please:DI obviously am partial.
    Wel she is my avitar. I'll try to dig up a few good ones of her, but I've already shared most of them.
    If not now, when?
  • Options
    edited March 23, 2005
    Oversharpening
    rutt wrote:
    The last two are just super dog portraits. My dog (and teenagers) heads for the hills when I get out the camera and I've never done as well. I think she hates the flash and associates it with the camera even when there is no flash on it (after all, what can you expect...) The teenagers, on the other hand, just don't like the pictures I take of them.

#3 looks oversharpened to me, especially the blak area just to the left of her tounge. (Maybe she was just eating dirt or something.) Perhaps you need a little lighter hand with USM (or whatever you used) and then use the sharpen tool just on the catchlight in her eye. Another option would be to USM in CMYK and don't sharpen the black channel. It's hard to say without seeing the original.

Hi John, thanks for your comments. About the USM. Yes, she had sand in her mouth. Also she was wet. I did USM 200 0,5 0. One other thing, it's a crop of this picture which comes straight from the cam. The trick of CMYK sharpening is smart. I did not know that yet.
    18083811-L.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 23, 2005
    Hi Eric
    4labs wrote:

Beautiful pup Adrian thnxs for sharing
    Thanks. Woo, I looked at your website. You got ton's of dog pictures. I like the action shots esp. Can't do that with the 828 that well.
  • Options
    JamesJWegJamesJWeg Registered Users Posts: 795 Major grins
    edited March 23, 2005
    I shot this one this weekend at the race track while shooting the karts running. This dog had been happy and energetic all morning and wouldn't sit still, but when it's owner went out on the track it had this longing look in it's eyes as it stared at the track and didn't move.

18576154-M-1.jpg

James.

edit, don't you hate it when you screw up your own link. rolleyes1.gif
  • Options
    edited March 23, 2005
    James,
    JamesJWeg wrote:
    I shot this one this weekend at the race track while shooting the karts running. This dog had been happy and energetic all morning and wouldn't sit still, but when it's owner went out on the track it had this longing look in it's eyes as it stared at the track and didn't move.

James.
    Nice shot, that's the moment! I would do a crop and some level adjustment. My 2ct. You captured a sweet moment there.
  • Options
    JamesJWegJamesJWeg Registered Users Posts: 795 Major grins
    edited March 23, 2005
    Nice shot, that's the moment! I would do a crop and some level adjustment. My 2ct. You captured a sweet moment there.
    I don't have photochop loaded at the moment, I'll do so when I get it loaded.

James.
  • Options
    edited March 24, 2005
    Hi Ben
    bfjr wrote:
    Great shots thumb.gif
    Glad I can just view and not smell, wet dogs just smell funky :uhoh:D

thanks for sharing
    Sorry for the late reply. I've been busy :):
    Now that would be something, a www with smell clap.gif
  • Options
    Steve CaviglianoSteve Cavigliano Super Moderators Posts: 3,599 moderator
    edited March 24, 2005
    Adrian,

Shiva is a beauty and you captured some really nice pics here thumb.gifthumb.gif

As Lynn wrote, dog pics are always welcome here :D Just don't be posting no cat pics.........lol J/K rolleyes1.gif

So is Shiva a Golden Retriever? Looks like my dog, but alot slimmer....lol We have a 95 pound GR male named Sunny rolleyes1.gif Dumb as a box of rocks, but you couldn't find a more loving companion :D

Thanks for sharing Shiva with us,
    Steve
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    KhaosKhaos Registered Users Posts: 2,435 Major grins
    edited March 24, 2005
    lynnma wrote:
    Chico, the most well behaved, cutest, lovable dog I've ever had the plaesure to know.

17414584-L.jpg

17414573-L.jpg
  • Options
    larklark Registered Users Posts: 155 Major grins
    edited March 24, 2005
    ...couldn't help it......had to get kona in on some of this.....(it's a re-post from two Saturdays ago)........FLOWERS EVERYWHERE!
    den.smugmug.com
  • Options
    edited March 25, 2005
    Adrian,

Shiva is a beauty and you captured some really nice pics here thumb.gifthumb.gif

As Lynn wrote, dog pics are always welcome here :D Just don't be posting no cat pics.........lol J/K rolleyes1.gif

So is Shiva a Golden Retriever? Looks like my dog, but alot slimmer....lol We have a 95 pound GR male named Sunny rolleyes1.gif Dumb as a box of rocks, but you couldn't find a more loving companion :D

Thanks for sharing Shiva with us,
    Steve
    Steve,
    Yep, she is a GR. Alot slimmer, well for one thing I know that they look very good after Shiva with her food. And she gets her exercise with walks.
    Thanks for stopping by. I enjoy your work as well!
  • Options
    AngeloAngelo Super Moderators Posts: 8,937 moderator
    edited March 25, 2005
  • Options
    edited March 25, 2005
    Angelo,
    Angelo wrote:
    Very nice Adrian.
    Thanks so much!
    I had a quick look at your pictures. The #5 of your landscapes is very, very nice. I also like your architecture, esp. the Disney Concert Hall pics. Really nice.
  • Options
    AngeloAngelo Super Moderators Posts: 8,937 moderator
    edited March 25, 2005
    Thanks so much!
    I had a quick look at your pictures. The #5 of your landscapes is very, very nice. I also like your architecture, esp. the Disney Concert Hall pics. Really nice.
    Thank you Sir; much appreciated.