In need of a camera bracket...

PineapplePhotoPineapplePhoto Registered Users Posts: 474 Major grins
edited May 3, 2008 in Accessories
Hey guys,

I picked up a Canon 1D Mark IIn yesterday :D and now I am in need of a camera/flash bracket to fit it... I was not left with too much moolah :huh but I want to consider the best possibilities with a budget around $100-150.

It must be compatible with a Quick Release 2 system (for my current tripod).

Can I get some suggestions from you? including why you like it and links to purchase it? :wink

ps: I currently have a Stroboframe Camera Flip Bracket for my 30D (right here): http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/105119-REG/Stroboframe_310_900_Camera_Flip_Bracket.html

Thanks for the input!
Body: Canon 1D Mark II N | Canon 30D w/BG-E2 Flash: Canon 580EX II | Quantum T4d | Strobes & Monolights
Glass: Sigma 70-200 f2.8 | Sigma 20 f1.8 | Canon 28-135 f3.5-5.6 IS USM

Comments

• Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited May 3, 2008
    I also prefer the camera to flip and keeping the flash spread horizontal and not having to think about it when shooting portrait or landscape mode of portraits at weddings and such.........

I currently own 2 different Stroboframe brackets...a RL2000 and the older version of the PRO RL and both have served me well....with heavier gear the RL2000 will get kind of hard to rotate the cam/lens......the Pro RL has never given me a bit of trouble.....I am headed for work will post a pic of both this evening n flea market as this is a year I will need tax deductions so I am replaceing 99.9% of all equipment.......
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• PineapplePhotoPineapplePhoto Registered Users Posts: 474 Major grins
    edited May 3, 2008
    Seymore wrote:
    Is this an option for you? mwink.gif You may need to get a anti-twist plate and cable...

http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=73994

This is actually my 2nd bracket and I really don't have a need for 2 of these.

And I'm not familiar with your descript of "Quick Release 2 system". Can you please elaborate?

Let me know before we finalize on the stickers...

I meant it takes quick release plates with the RC2 system (rapid connect system). The rectangular kind (not an octagon or whatever other shapes).

179176.jpg
    Body: Canon 1D Mark II N | Canon 30D w/BG-E2 Flash: Canon 580EX II | Quantum T4d | Strobes & Monolights
    edited May 3, 2008
    All I really need is for the camera to rotate, I do not need it to hold a flash. 95% of the time I use a radio slave and strobes or monolights. mwink.gif

I have been looking at KIRK L-Brackets and I am fond of this one: d1markii.jpg

But it costs $190 headscratch.gif ... I am looking for something similar but within the $150 price range...

I may need to end up selling some of my stuff :cry
  • Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited May 3, 2008
    Stroboframe VertiFlip PHD........??? Looks just like the rotator on my Pro R but without the handle or flash riser and no need to remove camera from "T"or "M" pod......and yes it will work with the QRC2 manfrotto/Bogen system......Cost $54.95 + s/h from BH................
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

edited May 3, 2008
    Art Scott wrote:
    Stroboframe VertiFlip PHD........??? Looks just like the rotator on my Pro R but without the handle or flash riser and no need to remove camera from "T"or "M" pod......and yes it will work with the QRC2 manfrotto/Bogen system......Cost $54.95 + s/h from BH................
    That looks like it may work... looks a little flimsy on the picture, but still. If anybody got any other suggestions that will be great ;)

Thanks for the Help. bowdown.gif
  • spider-tspider-t Registered Users Posts: 443 Major grins
    edited May 3, 2008
    Custom Bracket
    That looks like it may work... looks a little flimsy on the picture, but still. If anybody got any other suggestions that will be great ;)

Thanks for the Help. bowdown.gif

I love my Custom Bracket CBjr. It's really well made.

-Trish
    edited May 3, 2008
    spider-t wrote:
    I love my Custom Bracket CBjr. It's really well made.

-Trish
    looks good but you can't flip or rotate the camera?