Options

My Second Wedding, but with new Gear!

jenriquezjenriquez Registered Users Posts: 12 Big grins
edited May 5, 2008 in Weddings
Well this is my second wedding, i was hired with a weeks notice, which kind of sucked, but i did get a new canon 40d and a 17-50 F2.8 Pro Master Lens. I'm still starting at this so let me know what you tall think Any C&C is Welcome! Only had time to edit a couple pics!

289222773_nQW8m-XL-1.jpg

289221757_H87iZ-L-2.jpg

289222109_UnM2K-L-2.jpg

289221321_h7bBA-L-2.jpg

289220525_JQrgo-L-2.jpg

289221204_sC7U5-L-2.jpg

289223197_Td8qC-L-1.jpg

289222463_ZcJDw-L-2.jpg
Canon EOS Rebel XTi , [SIZE=-1]Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II[/SIZE]
Canon 40d, Canon 28-135mm IS USM F3.5
[SIZE=-1]Promaster 15-50mm F2.8
[/SIZE]Canon Speedlite 580EX II Flash
http://josueenriquezphotography.smugmug.com/

Comments

• Options
    joshhuntnmjoshhuntnm Registered Users Posts: 1,924 Major grins
    edited May 5, 2008
    Nice shots. The color balance seems a little warm.

This is what I would try--make a copy or the background layer, set the color balance using the dress as a while point. I am going to guess this is going to get it more blue that would be pleasing to my eye. then, lower the opacity of that layer to taste.

Just my two cents. Good shots.
  • Options
    jenriquezjenriquez Registered Users Posts: 12 Big grins
    edited May 5, 2008
    joshhuntnm wrote:
    Nice shots. The color balance seems a little warm.

This is what I would try--make a copy or the background layer, set the color balance using the dress as a while point. I am going to guess this is going to get it more blue that would be pleasing to my eye. then, lower the opacity of that layer to taste.

Just my two cents. Good shots.

Thanks for the advice :) and comments! ill try this technique tomorrow! thumb.gif
    Canon EOS Rebel XTi , [SIZE=-1]Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II[/SIZE]
    Canon 40d, Canon 28-135mm IS USM F3.5
    [SIZE=-1]Promaster 15-50mm F2.8
    [/SIZE]Canon Speedlite 580EX II Flash
    http://josueenriquezphotography.smugmug.com/
  • Options
    Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
    edited May 5, 2008
    For someone just starting out, you've done very well indeed.

Just a couple of things to keep in mind when you're shooting/processing:
    • Kids generally look better if you get down on their level to photograph them
    • Is the gride's dress white or off white. If it's white, you need it to be white in most (if not all) the shots. Where it's not white in the photograph, it needs to be very obvious why not

1 - Watch out for dappled light. It's alright to have it, just not on the faces.

6 - Did you use any flash to fill here? It looks like you did and did a pretty good job of it as well.

7 - This one looks a bit under-exposed/dark.
  • Options
    joshhuntnmjoshhuntnm Registered Users Posts: 1,924 Major grins
    edited May 5, 2008
    jenriquez wrote:
    Thanks for the advice :) and comments! ill try this technique tomorrow! thumb.gif

i suppose this is obvious, but I am only talking aobut the indoor shots -- 2 and 8.

One other thing, as I looked at the again. Generally, I prefer kids when you get down at eye level with them, rather than shooting down on them. Just a thought. Again, great shots!