edited May 2, 2008
    very surreal!

i like it a lot, the shadow adds drama, like a fake moonlanding :D

thumb.gif
    Visit my website at christopherroos.smugmug.com
  • Options
    DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited May 2, 2008
    I like how this was done, but what is in the bottom of the photo? Looks like screw nuts or tire rims...not really sure...or am I seeing things :D
  • Options
    DaddyODaddyO Registered Users Posts: 4,466 Major grins
    edited May 2, 2008
    This take is to me, ( IMHO ) is soooo very... very... outstanding. thumb.gifthumbthumb.gif
    I could stand on that key....
    Would ya look at the contrail shadows.... on the mountain too. And then theres the contrail story besides. Pilot going for it. Excellent capture.

Total scene.

You drag your gear to the top of the peak and pull off stunning. So way awesome.clap.gifclapclap.gif
    Michael
  • Options
    black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,321 Major grins
    edited May 2, 2008
    Congratulations. It looks like you have discovered, and taken a picture of, another planet with life on it. You'll be famous. Nice work.
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • Options
    darkdragondarkdragon Registered Users Posts: 1,051 Major grins
    edited May 2, 2008
    Dogdots wrote:
    I like how this was done, but what is in the bottom of the photo? Looks like screw nuts or tire rims...not really sure...or am I seeing things :D

Looks like a Manfrotto tripod head to me ne_nau.gif
    ~ Lisa
  • Options
    wfellerwfeller Registered Users Posts: 2,625 Major grins
    edited May 3, 2008
    Thanks everyone!

It's a tripod head. I got to Dante's View in Death Valley and with the sky being scarred up I thought it'd look strange if shot with my 180 adapter on my olde nikon 990- Yep.
    Anybody can do it.
  • Options
    SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited May 3, 2008
    wfeller wrote:

Good one Wfeller, that is a Very Cool Shot ... Global clap.gif ... Skippy :D
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • Options
    edited May 4, 2008
    Did I mention this was top shelf so very nice/excellent? Could have missed that point.
    :D Michael
    Michael
  • Options
    edited May 4, 2008
    Skippy wrote:
    Good one Wfeller, that is a Very Cool Shot ... Global clap.gif ... Skippy :D

Thanks Skippy! Very much appreciated.
    Anybody can do it.
  • Options
    edited May 4, 2008
    DaddyO wrote:
    Did I mention this was top shelf so very nice/excellent? Could have missed that point.
    :D Michael

:D

Thank you Micheal. A few years ago when ipix got far too expensive and went to an annual license, I just threw this junk in a box. This thread has been encouraging to me to develop more weirdly-odd projects and carry yet another 3 lbs. of equipment around my neck into the near-and-far.
    Anybody can do it.
  • Options
    edited May 5, 2008
    thumb.gif Just a did quick look into "IPIX". Then onto PictoStitch Pro. Didn't know
    one could do that with fisheye lenses. Pretty interesting. Spendy too. :D
    Michael
    Michael
  • Options
    Manfr3dManfr3d Registered Users Posts: 2,008 Major grins
    edited May 5, 2008
    Looks like someone flew a circle :D
    “To consult the rules of composition before making a picture is a little like consulting the law of gravitation before going for a walk.”
    ― Edward Weston
  • Options
    edited May 5, 2008
    Manfr3d wrote:
    Looks like someone flew a circle :D

I knew that would come back around- wings.gif
    Anybody can do it.
  • Options
    edited May 5, 2008
    DaddyO wrote:
    thumb.gif Just a did quick look into "IPIX". Then onto PictoStitch Pro. Didn't know
    one could do that with fisheye lenses. Pretty interesting. Spendy too. :D
    Michael

Sad story- I had a client I bought the setup for. It cost $12.50 a shot. I also purchased enough software keys for 150 shots and never used but maybe 20 or so. Lost the keys in a computer crash. Ipix went to an annual registration. I just went with the loss. I though Ipix was a pain anyhow.

Here's some of the 'immersive' 360 junk I shot.
    http://360photo.net/
    Anybody can do it.
  • Options
    edited May 5, 2008
    Just watched some of the "video" photo'd 360's. No photo credits really.
    Shame.
    I'd like to see these kinds of panos to many places I would like to visit in advance to going. My oldest daughter pointed out that google does 360
    (split that to 4 axis in 360)
    street pictures along routes of travel. Point for point along the way. Major
    cities. Like NY. Don't know what else. Gave it a peek just to see. Pick a zip code and see. Kind of a mind blower. :D Michael
    P.s. found some of your other shots on the net. Several so very nice. thumb.gif
    Michael
  • Options
    edited May 5, 2008
    DaddyO wrote:
    Just watched some of the "video" photo'd 360's. No photo credits really.
    Shame.
    I'd like to see these kinds of panos to many places I would like to visit in advance to going. My oldest daughter pointed out that google does 360
    (split that to 4 axis in 360)
    street pictures along routes of travel. Point for point along the way. Major
    cities. Like NY. Don't know what else. Gave it a peek just to see. Pick a zip code and see. Kind of a mind blower. :D Michael
    P.s. found some of your other shots on the net. Several so very nice. thumb.gif

Not sure what you mean by the '"video" photo'd 360's.' If it were on the site I linked to, I'm not too jazzed about the shots. Wasn't then and it hasn't got any better. They do pay for themselves and a bit more to be online, so there they'll sit until the money goes away.

The immersive 360 has/had some possibilites. Initially I planned to link the 'bubbles' together and pass from one to another. Sort of forming molecules, where each bubble component would be like an atom. There would be links to static photo/pages along the edges. Too much time for not enough cash.

I've been posting photos on the web since 1995. I was bound to get lucky here-n-there. Thanks. I've only started getting serious about the art aspects of photography about, maybe two years ago or so.
    Anybody can do it.
  • Options
    edited May 5, 2008
    wfeller wrote:
    Not sure what you mean by the '"video" photo'd 360's.' If it were on the site I linked to, I'm not too jazzed about the shots. Wasn't then and it hasn't got any better. They do pay for themselves and a bit more to be online, so there they'll sit until the money goes away.

The immersive 360 has/had some possibilites. Initially I planned to link the 'bubbles' together and pass from one to another. Sort of forming molecules, where each bubble component would be like an atom. There would be links to static photo/pages along the edges. Too much time for not enough cash.

I've been posting photos on the web since 1995. I was bound to get lucky here-n-there. Thanks. I've only started getting serious about the art aspects of photography about, maybe two years ago or so.

If I'm looking at single shots stitched to 360 surround in moving fashion is what I meant.
    Understand not jazzed. Still you did the work and theres a couple of bucks
    in it yet. Quality enough. You got it out there. Good to go forget about it. Course as conscientious photographer not jazzed is never easy to do. Also understand lucky here and there. Over time I have a couple decent shots
    that will stand up in court. Its that not jazzed part that keeps the rest from
    seeing the light of day. mwink.gif Example my latest entry in cool shots. Sucks but some humor despite it.
    Michael
  • Options
    edited May 6, 2008
    DaddyO wrote:
    If I'm looking at single shots stitched to 360 surround in moving fashion is what I meant.
    Understand not jazzed. Still you did the work and theres a couple of bucks
    in it yet. Quality enough. You got it out there. Good to go forget about it. Course as conscientious photographer not jazzed is never easy to do. Also understand lucky here and there. Over time I have a couple decent shots
    that will stand up in court. Its that not jazzed part that keeps the rest from
    seeing the light of day. mwink.gif Example my latest entry in cool shots. Sucks but some humor despite it.

The more I understand that my photography is more about what I like, the more fun I have with it and the better I get. The more I try to please others, the less successful I am and the less fun I have. I actually figured that out with my 'professional' photography. I do what I like and don't worry about it. My clients love my work. I've been applying that to my landscapes. It will work out better for me. Since I already live like a bohemian, I'll have even more fun with my life and take some risks. The 360 stuff is too gimmicky, but the 184 lens adapter is just right.
    Anybody can do it.
  • Options
    edited May 6, 2008
    wfeller wrote:
    The more I understand that my photography is more about what I like, the more fun I have with it and the better I get. The more I try to please others, the less successful I am and the less fun I have. I actually figured that out with my 'professional' photography. I do what I like and don't worry about it. My clients love my work. I've been applying that to my landscapes. It will work out better for me. Since I already live like a bohemian, I'll have even more fun with my life and take some risks. The 360 stuff is too gimmicky, but the 184 lens adapter is just right.

Thanks for sharing that. Great attitude. thumb.gif
    What lens are you using the 184 adapter on?
    Michael