Options

Problem with LR 1.4

VanquizVanquiz Registered Users Posts: 199 Major grins
edited May 6, 2008 in Finishing School
Mod edit: Moved from another thread.

Sorry to hijack the thread, but I wonder if anyone know why I got this error, I used to open up .CR2 files directly with Lightroom 1.3, but after I update it to 1.4, I got this error when I try to open .CR2 files with Lightroom " ....CR2 is not a valid Win32 Application"

I still can open Lightroom and import the CR2 files, but just not able to open CR2 directly, neither by Right Click - Open With, nor double clicking. I set up the files association of CR2 with Lightroom already.

Comments

• Options
    Grumpy_oneGrumpy_one Registered Users Posts: 242 Major grins
    edited May 4, 2008
    Vanquiz wrote:
    Sorry to hijack the thread, but I wonder if anyone know why I got this error, I used to open up .CR2 files directly with Lightroom 1.3, but after I update it to 1.4, I got this error when I try to open .CR2 files with Lightroom " ....CR2 is not a valid Win32 Application"

I still can open Lightroom and import the CR2 files, but just not able to open CR2 directly, neither by Right Click - Open With, nor double clicking. I set up the files association of CR2 with Lightroom already.
    1.4 seem to have bugs, did you update to 1.4.1? I'm still on 1.3.1, in my line of work, "if it ain't broke, dont fix it".
    5D3, 7D, 50 1.4, 580EX, EFS 70-200L 2.8 IS MkI, 1.4x TC, 24-70 MKII, 85 1.8,(that's it ...for now)
    http://www.happyvalleyphotography.com
  • Options
    VanquizVanquiz Registered Users Posts: 199 Major grins
    edited May 4, 2008
    That's actually a good method, if it aint broke, dont fix it, Laughing.gif ...

It's 1.4.1, I will try to uninstall and reinstall it, if it's still doesnt work, I will revert back to 1.3

Thank you
  • Options
    MilnerMilner Registered Users Posts: 40 Big grins
    edited May 6, 2008
    Vanquiz wrote:
    That's actually a good method, if it aint broke, dont fix it, Laughing.gif ...

It's 1.4.1, I will try to uninstall and reinstall it, if it's still doesnt work, I will revert back to 1.3

Thank you

set up a new catalog. Hold the "cntrl" key down when and then click to open LR. Should give you the dialog to set up a new catalog....
    I had this problem. I organize folders in windows, when I added a file to folder that I had previousley imported, it messed up the catalog database....