Options

How to re download after buying?

phoenix05phoenix05 Registered Users Posts: 4 Beginner grinner
edited May 6, 2008 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
Hi everyone,

A few questions. Firstly, i have a client that bought quite a few photos from me as digital downloads (thats all i offer) and she didn't realise they were downloads and thought they were prints sent to her. She waited about a week and contacted me about where they were. When i explained how it worked, she was very happy with it, but wanted to download the files now.

Can she go back and download them? If so how? I contacted Smugmug help twice and got no response from them.

My second question is one i have found before and was wondering if it is still the best option. Basically i want to offer a few photos for a free download.

I found a response by Andy:
Hi Kirsten, when they are free, there's no need to use the shopping cart You can enable originals, in the gallery settings, and then they can simply save the photo:
http://www.smugmug.com/help/digital-photo-printing

Is this still the best way? Thanks very much!

Phoenix05

Comments

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited May 5, 2008
    Hi, please PM me the email address you mailed our help desk from - it's highly unusual for us not to answer you immediately.

Your client can just go back to their order, using the links in the order email we sent them. Or, you can give me the order# and I'll send a note to them with the proper link and they can download.
  • Options
    phoenix05phoenix05 Registered Users Posts: 4 Beginner grinner
    edited May 5, 2008
    Andy wrote:
    Hi, please PM me the email address you mailed our help desk from - it's highly unusual for us not to answer you immediately.

Your client can just go back to their order, using the links in the order email we sent them. Or, you can give me the order# and I'll send a note to them with the proper link and they can download.

Hi Andy, PM sent.

Also thanks very much for the other info. I emailed them saying they can follow the links in the email and they've done it. They aren't really computer literate so they were struggling. I wasn't sure what was the final process after they bought a digital download so thanks again!
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited May 6, 2008
    phoenix05 wrote:
    Hi Andy, PM sent.

Also thanks very much for the other info. I emailed them saying they can follow the links in the email and they've done it. They aren't really computer literate so they were struggling. I wasn't sure what was the final process after they bought a digital download so thanks again!
    Hi, thanks - the last email I see from you is Apr 24th, about how your client can resave the photo - it was Sent by Robin, at 608am (Eastern US Time).