Options

PS-Photo Sizes Slightly Off

GJMPhotoGJMPhoto Registered Users Posts: 372 Major grins
edited May 7, 2008 in Finishing School
When I size an image in Photoshop, and then print it...the size of the print is slightly off about 80% of the time - sometimes as much as 1/4". It's a bit of a mystery to me.

I size the photo at 360 DPI (an even multiplier to the 14400 I'm using to print).

I'm using an Epson P2200 and CS3 / Windows.

Any thoughts why?

- Gary.

Comments

• Options
    SloYerRollSloYerRoll Registered Users Posts: 2,788 Major grins
    edited May 7, 2008
    GJMPhoto wrote:
    When I size an image in Photoshop, and then print it...the size of the print is slightly off about 80% of the time - sometimes as much as 1/4". It's a bit of a mystery to me.

I size the photo at 360 DPI (an even multiplier to the 14400 I'm using to print).

I'm using an Epson P2200 and CS3 / Windows.

Any thoughts why?

- Gary.
    Sounds strange. Bit I'm pretty sure we can say that Ps is pretty acurate at resizing.

When you try to re-resize an image that came out the wrong size. Is the problem fixed or it it the exact same size? So I'm asking if the output is repeatable.
  • Options
    Budley007Budley007 Registered Users Posts: 7 Beginner grinner
    edited May 7, 2008
    I'd check all your settings in the print dialog as well as what the Epson printer is trying to do with your photo.

I had a similar problem once and found that I had a setting in PS that told it to fit the image to the page. Once I nailed that down, I had to change the margin settings in my printer default in order to guarantee the size I wanted.

Also, most of the Canon printers I've used had a "hard" margin that was undefeatable unless I selected "borderless printing". My point is, is there are several things that can be causing your problem...so you may have to do some heavy digging.