Options

Watermarking issue

mmrodenmmroden Registered Users Posts: 472 Major grins
edited May 11, 2008 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
Hi everyone,

I posted this in the customization forum, but apparently that doesn't get much love from the Powers That Be. Since I've got a pro account, I figure, hey, might as well post here.

Is there a way to switch my watermarks to one watermark for all of my galleries easily? I've been messing with this problem for some time now, and I think I have a solution, and want to apply it to my images. The by-gallery way it's done now is very cumbersome for this kind of bulk swap, and I might miss a gallery or three. Is there a tool or program or something that can perform this functionality?

Alternatively, is there an API to which I can connect so I can write the program myself? It's the option of last resort, but if that's the way I have to do it, then so be it. Of course, if someone has an empty project with the login stuff already handled, then that would be an excellent platform from which to start....

Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited May 9, 2008
    mmroden wrote:
    Hi everyone,

I posted this in the customization forum, but apparently that doesn't get much love from the Powers That Be.
    Sure it does but watermarking isn't a customizing issue thumb.gif You're in the right place now :D
    Since I've got a pro account, I figure, hey, might as well post here.

Is there a way to switch my watermarks to one watermark for all of my galleries easily? I've been messing with this problem for some time now, and I think I have a solution, and want to apply it to my images. The by-gallery way it's done now is very cumbersome for this kind of bulk swap, and I might miss a gallery or three. Is there a tool or program or something that can perform this functionality?

Not as far as I'm aware, I'm very sorry about that. You can set the watermark via SmugBrowser (awesome FF addon). But it won't change it AFAIK.

http://wiki.smugmug.net/display/SmugMug/Hacks+and+Apps

If you wish, email me at the help desk, ATTN: Andy, and I'll arrange for one of our Heroes to do the changes for you, based on your detailed, explicit instructions thumb.gif Happy to do it!
  • Options
    claudermilkclaudermilk Registered Users Posts: 2,756 Major grins
    edited May 9, 2008
    It would be nice to set a default watermark for your site. I always have to go back in & replace the "proof" default after uploading the files.
  • Options
    James BroomeJames Broome Registered Users Posts: 58 Big grins
    edited May 9, 2008
    It would be nice to set a default watermark for your site. I always have to go back in & replace the "proof" default after uploading the files.
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but you *can* set a default watermark. I do it. Every gallery I create contains my watermark.
    James Broome • Tampa, FL
    www.jamesbroome.com
    My SportsShooter.com Profile
    Canon user since 1984 • Photoshop user since 1991
    1D Mk IIn • 24-70 f/2.8L • 70-200 f/2.8L • 300 f/2.8L
  • Options
    edited May 11, 2008
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but you *can* set a default watermark. I do it. Every gallery I create contains my watermark.
    nod.gif
  • Options
    edited May 11, 2008
    Set it in your gallery settings, and quick settings template thumb.gif

http://www.smugmug.com/help/picture-storage