Options

First time printing here, trying to get it right...

nrshapironrshapiro Registered Users Posts: 8 Beginner grinner
edited May 12, 2008 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
I took some headshots for our local youth theatre group and now they need some prints to be used in the show "A Chorus Line".

I was all set to order their prints, but it seems, for the show, they need 8x10 with border. I don't see how to order those. Do I have to recreate the set with a white border to do that?

Also, while these look great on the monitor, we are on a tight schedule and I'm not sure whether it would be better to print with auto or true color option. My color calibration is on the fritz, and my two monitors actually look a bit different. So if someone from Smugmug wouldn't mind taking a look at these and telling me whether they look ok for true color, or whether it's "safer" to go with auto. (First time printing here too.)

Lastly, these are headshots that should be glossy, but since they will be holding them up in the show, we're going to order Lustre hoping they look glossy without the glare :) Advice there welcome.

Ok, one more question: if I ordered tomorrow night, when would I expect to receive prints by normal shipping?

Thanks! Neil

Comments

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited May 11, 2008
    Hi Neil,

Print these True Color please. We don't have a bordered print option, I'm very sorry :(

If you order Monday, they'll print and shop within a day, two days max. Shipping method will be 3day fedex, or if you choos, 2nd Business Day or 1st Business Day.
  • Options
    nrshapironrshapiro Registered Users Posts: 8 Beginner grinner
    edited May 12, 2008
    Thanks Andy. I can just create a white border in LR's print module and reoutput to a jpeg.

The cart seems to offer "Express Mail" (3-4 days) rather than a fedex 3 day option. Since you are in California and I am in NY, that concerns me a bit for speed. Is that postal express mail? Are they shipped from California, or elsewhere?

Also, can you tell me what the weight of the Lustre paper is? They will be holding these up during the shows, so I'm hoping it's pretty heavyweight.
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited May 12, 2008
    nrshapiro wrote:
    Thanks Andy. I can just create a white border in LR's print module and reoutput to a jpeg.

The cart seems to offer "Express Mail" (3-4 days) rather than a fedex 3 day option. Since you are in California and I am in NY, that concerns me a bit for speed. Is that postal express mail? Are they shipped from California, or elsewhere?

Also, can you tell me what the weight of the Lustre paper is? They will be holding these up during the shows, so I'm hoping it's pretty heavyweight.
    "We" are all over :D Our Lab is in Atlanta Ga... If you are really tight on time, go for the 2day...