Options

Engagement photos (park & beach)

AgnieszkaAgnieszka Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,263 Major grins
edited May 14, 2008 in Weddings
Alrighty, here we go .... I was fighting with those photos for SUCH a long time. I had my F stop set at the wrong point, so most of them were just FAR to grainy. :cry Some of them I could safe, some of them are on the soft side now .... I guess it had to happen at some point ... :dunno

I tried a more vintage look on some of them ... enjoy ... and feel free to critique ... :toni

291357661_RXbpZ-M-1.jpg

291442685_cUKhH-M.jpg

294230947_e5qoq-M.jpg

294223532_YTRzA-M.jpg

294218152_rzHAS-M.jpg

291483316_7kiaL-M.jpg

291391900_74EBK-M.jpg

291478100_e7P2c-M.jpg

291363452_VsXRL-M-2.jpg

291367741_K6k5H-M.jpg

291375620_UtWd3-M-2.jpg

291393226_37o6u-M.jpg

Comments

• Options
    ShepsMomShepsMom Registered Users Posts: 4,319 Major grins
    edited May 12, 2008
    Very interesting! I love them all, im wondering what kind of processing you did on all of them? They are very "bright" and "colorful" :D
    Marina
    www.intruecolors.com
    Nikon D700 x2/D300
    Nikon 70-200 2.8/50 1.8/85 1.8/14.24 2.8
  • Options
    edited May 12, 2008
    ShepsMom wrote:
    Very interesting! I love them all, im wondering what kind of processing you did on all of them? They are very "bright" and "colorful" :D

Thanks :) I bought an action from Nichole a while back. Now I am addicted iloveyou.gif ... can't live without it anymore ...
  • Options
    jeffreaux2jeffreaux2 Registered Users Posts: 4,762 Major grins
    edited May 12, 2008
    WOW!!!
    1,2,3,and 4 are beautiful shots.

5- I love the processing and composition, but am not sure about her looking at the ring as he kisses her. Maybe if her eyes were simply closed?

7 and 10 again gorgeous....dappled light is tough, but you pulled it off.

9 His face appears a tad dark, but I am on an uncalibrated laptop. Another postcard shot!!

11 My eyes get distracted by out of focus foreground features. Some folks like it...some don't...guess I am of the latter crowd.

12 Ive seen this before from you. I like it, your good at it, top notchthumb.gif

I am really liking the beach scenes, and wish #1 were sharper...but to choose a favorite I would have to say without a doubt...#4. It is just a very romantic location, pose, composition. Very nice.

Thanks for sharing...

...who's jealous now?:D
  • Options
    joshhuntnmjoshhuntnm Registered Users Posts: 1,924 Major grins
    edited May 13, 2008
    love the shots. love the post. I love to be a bug on the wall and watch you do your ps magic. Or is that lightroom?
  • Options
    evorywareevoryware Registered Users Posts: 1,330 Major grins
    edited May 13, 2008
    3, 4, 9, and 12 are my favorites. clap.gif Nice work again in those lighting conditions!
    Canon 40D : Canon 400D : Canon Elan 7NE : Canon 580EX : 2 x Canon 430EX : Canon 24-70 f2.8L : Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L USM : Canon 28-135mm f/3.5 IS : 18-55mm f/3.5 : 4GB Sandisk Extreme III : 2GB Sandisk Extreme III : 2 x 1GB Sandisk Ultra II : Sekonik L358

dak.smugmug.com
  • Options
    urbanariesurbanaries Registered Users Posts: 2,690 Major grins
    edited May 13, 2008
    All hail #4! Love everything about that one! I also like the desaturated look in #3. Your processing and choices in expressions are so fresh. That's the word that keeps coming to mind when I look at your images! I love the jumping ones....the exposures as well as the fact that you included the whole shadow...now that's cool!

If I could make one small suggestion to discourage the extreme "pucker" and direct them to the "almost kiss" instead, I think it would be a bit more flattering to their facial features....but that is a very minor crit in a very beautiful, exuberant series.

Well done and thanks for sharing!
    Canon 5D MkI
    50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.8, 24-70 2.8L, 35mm 1.4L, 135mm f2L
    ST-E2 Transmitter + (3) 580 EXII + radio poppers
  • Options
    edited May 13, 2008
    Thanks for the detailed comments! thumb.gif I always love to hear what you have to say!!

I agree about #5 (Jeff) ... could have been better, it's one of those shots, that I have in mind .... and I keep trying with all my couples but I can't ever get it .... but this time is didn't turn out quite as bad as the other few times, haha rolleyes1.gif

I did enjoy working with the vintage look. I think I'll need to do more shots like that. I guess it's a nice break from all the crazy-saturation I usually do rolleyes1.gif

As I said ... not too happy with most of them as I got the f-point wrong. I am still not done fixing the graininess in PS - so Josh, you definitely don't want to be a big on my wall these days ... haha ...

I also agree on #9, where his face looks to dark. I tried to fix it, but couldn't get it right without looking fake :cry

Have some more engagement photos this weekend (hopefully it won't rain) ... but will definitely check my camera settings like 10 times before I start deal.gif

Thanks for all the comments!! iloveyou.gif
  • Options
    RubyRedRubyRed Registered Users Posts: 35 Big grins
    edited May 13, 2008
    Which action
    Just wondering which action you bought she has a lot to choose from.

Thanks for the link!
    Agnieszka wrote:
    Thanks :) I bought an action from Nichole a while back. Now I am addicted iloveyou.gif ... can't live without it anymore ...
  • Options
    edited May 13, 2008
    RubyRed wrote:
    Just wondering which action you bought she has a lot to choose from.

Thanks for the link!

Sure ... I think it's called "essential color pop"? It's great!!!
  • Options
    SwartzySwartzy Registered Users Posts: 3,293 Major grins
    edited May 14, 2008
    How cool...how fun! I really like them. A bit different than the "A" typical engagement shoot. I think #8 would serve better with less landscape type saturation (as that action seems to be a blend of the Gorman action with increased saturation)....JMHO.

I'll bet they (the clients) are like...whoa..way cool! Nice job.
    Swartzy:
    NAPP Member | Canon Shooter
    Weddings/Portraits and anything else that catches my eye.
    www.daveswartz.com
    Model Mayhem site http://www.modelmayhem.com/686552