Options

Australia ..... Where to photograph?

ProfessionalProfessional Registered Users Posts: 278 Major grins
Hi all,

I am a new member here, and i just start to join and share in this forum and hope to enjoy here and get help.

I will have my vacation in November this year, and i am planning to visit Australia this year, so my question is: what good locations in Australia to visit for photography? Say i will be in Melbourne and go around like Sydney, Gold Coast and so, where do you recommend me to go? i am looking for landscapes and nature mostly.

Kind Regards,

Tareq

Comments

• Options
    gusgus Registered Users Posts: 16,209 Major grins
    edited May 16, 2008
  • Options
    edited May 16, 2008
    gus wrote:
    G'day Tareq...the Gold Coast is maybe only 30 min drive from here, lots of walking tracks through the rain forest & general things to see. November
    is the start of summer & the humidity will be high as well as the temps. We get a lot of huge storms around these months also. They can be amazing to watch/photograph when the lightning starts up.

Thank you very much, Gus.
    How far is GC from Melbourne?
    Still i am not sure where to stay when i visit Australia, but 2 weeks or 3 weeks could be very short if i want to hike around and get many photos.
    Even the summer is hot there with humid it will never be like us [in the middle east around Arabian Gulf] where the temparture here is so high too much.
    I will keep watching photos from Australia online to see where i should stay.
  • Options
    edited May 16, 2008
  • Options
    edited May 16, 2008
    gus wrote:
    Melbourne to the Gold Coast is about a 2 hour flight or roughly a 20 hour drive. If you can not get a direct flight (melbourne-gold coast) then you fly from melbourne to brisbane & then brisbane to the gold coast is about a 1 hour drive or short flight.

Like any country there is lots to see however the distances are large. If you get a chance then visit Uluru . It is too far to drive but easy to get a flight there.

about how much is the flight there in Australia for some distances? there are no trains that may faster than normal drive?
    I think i need a lot of money if i want to move around that much, so i have to think carefully where i should stay so i don't need to move in many places, i know it is difficult to decide as i know that Australia is so large place and many beautiful scenaries to see there everywhere.
  • Options
    edited May 16, 2008
  • Options
    edited May 16, 2008
    gus wrote:
    Here are the web sites for our airlines to allow you to input dates & see the prices. We do not have the high air traffic of the rest of the world thus our airfares can be expensive.

Qantas

Jetstar

Virgin Blue

These airlines will also have tourist packages you can buy which are also very good.

There is really only one train line on the east side of Australia going between the 3 main cities...it changes name as it passes through the 3 states ..Victoria..New South Wales & Queensland.

These rail web sites will also have holiday deals which are quite good.

WOW, thank you very much

I have to check those websites and then i can arrange my trips in Australia.

I feel if i can join a workshop there it will be better, but who knows, i just have to checkout those links and more ad later i can decide whatever.

Thank you very much again :-)
  • Options
    devbobodevbobo Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,339 SmugMug Employee
    edited May 16, 2008
    If you are going to be in Melbourne, you really need to get a car and check out the Great Ocean Road
    David Parry
    SmugMug API Developer
    My Photos
  • Options
    edited May 16, 2008
  • Options
    edited May 17, 2008
    devbobo wrote:
    If you are going to be in Melbourne, you really need to get a car and check out the Great Ocean Road

Thank you very much :-)
    Yes, this is one location that i am considering to visit when i will go to Melbourne, but really i am a simple guy and hiring a car is not easy, i try to be so tight in budget and can't spend a lot there, but i hope until November i can earn something enough for my trip.
  • Options
    edited May 17, 2008
    gus wrote:
    Oh yeah...some nice stuff along that road.

Thank you very much

I hope i can reach that place ;-)