Options

Green boat

ArgosArgos Registered Users Posts: 141 Major grins
edited May 19, 2008 in Landscapes
A still night on the Arno river, just downstream from the Ponte Vecchio in Florence, Italy:
2496456396_b015ef2acf_o.jpg

Panorama of two images

EXIF:
Olympus E-510
Kit 14-42mm lens, zoomed to 18mm
f/3.9
ISO 400
0.625 sec

C&C would be appreciated -- thanks!
Argos
Lead dog at Old Dog Photography

Comments

• Options
    DonRicklinDonRicklin Registered Users Posts: 5,551 Major grins
    edited May 17, 2008
    Lovely, makes me want to return after 42 Years!

Don
    Don Ricklin - Gear: Canon EOS 5D Mark III, was Pentax K7
    'I was older then, I'm younger than that now' ....
    My Blog | Q+ | Moderator, Lightroom Forums | My Amateur Smugmug Stuff | My Blurb book Rust and Whimsy. More Rust , FaceBook
  • Options
    colfraglesscolfragless Registered Users Posts: 128 Major grins
    edited May 17, 2008
    My eye is not drawn to the boat only b/c the buildings dwarf it... I think it would have been better if the boat was either bigger or closer..... Kool shot
    A Day where One can Spend all day doing something they Love is a wonderful day in deed... ~sparky~

Sparkyphotography.net
  • Options
    DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited May 17, 2008
    I like your title for this thumb.gif

Makes you have to look for the boat. I always like a challenge.

Overall I like this. The reflection is good.
  • Options
    Digital IllusionsDigital Illusions Registered Users Posts: 150 Major grins
    edited May 19, 2008
    You have captured a great reflection in the water; there must not have been a ripple anywhere to be seen. Unfortunately, I also agree the about the boat. I would not have even noticed it in the shot if you did not mention it in the title. Also, what about the temperature of the photo? It seams a little yellow to me, but maybe that is the way it should look.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
    <o:p> </o:p>
    Brian C. Gailey, Owner / Operator
    Digital Illusions Photography & Design
    1764 Shawna Ct, Klamath Falls OR, 97603
    Email | Website | Blog | Facebook | MySpace |Newsletter | Subscribe

"The Race is long but in the end it is only with yourself" ~Unknown
  • Options
    ArgosArgos Registered Users Posts: 141 Major grins
    edited May 19, 2008
    Thanks for the comments, everybody!

I took the images I built this panorama from while on a business trip, and was lucky to have one night without a bit of wind -- so, not a ripple to be seen.

Unfortunately, I still hadn't kicked my old film habits at the time (you know, treating every exposure as if it had a cost attached), so didn't think to stop and take some more shots zoomed in on the boat. When I look at this panorama now, the bridge / reflection draw my eyes straight to the boat -- but from the sound of things, this doesn't happen with a "fresh" pair of eyes.

As for the colors, I think they're right on the money -- I double-checked the white balance against some lights in windows. The whole image takes on a yellow / gold cast just because that's the predominant color of the stucco on the buildings.
    Argos
    Lead dog at Old Dog Photography