Options

Hartblei 3,5/65 Tilt-Shift Lens

OspreyOsprey Registered Users Posts: 162 Major grins
edited May 28, 2008 in Cameras
This is a $500 tilt shift lens for canon or nikon, Has anyone used one of these.

You can seacch for this on ebay to see it.

I have my doubts..:scratch

Comments

• Options
    Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited May 17, 2008
    Hartblei is a company in Kiev Ukraine....their glass is all made on the specs of Carl Zeiss Glass same kind a glass Hasselblad cameras use......Hartblei takes and "upgrades" this glass and also cameras to tighter tolerances and smoother actions and then resells with their own name on it.........
    I do not own any Hartblei but I do own actual Kiev cameras and Jupiter Glass which is very good manual focus glass.......
    This Tilt/shift lens will be totally manual and should do a very good job for the owner if you can live with manual focusing and manual apertures....totally manual:D

THE HARTBLEI 65 SUPER ROTATOR
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• Options
    edited May 18, 2008
    Thanks
    Scott

Thanks for the quick reply. Since it was about $1000 less than nikon I was concerned. I think I will go for it.

Let you know how it is when I get it..

Rogerclap.gif
  • Options
    Tee WhyTee Why Registered Users Posts: 2,390 Major grins
    edited May 18, 2008
  • Options
    edited May 18, 2008
    Osprey wrote:
    Scott

Thanks for the quick reply. Since it was about $1000 less than nikon I was concerned. I think I will go for it.

Let you know how it is when I get it..

Rogerclap.gif

Which one are you going to get? If you do not see the one listed on ebay you actually want then ask the Harblei people if they are going to list the one you want and very possibly they will.......I actually did this for my lenses I purchased for my Kiev cameras...........a lot of European and central European sellers will try their best to accommodate us with what we are actually looking for.....unlike a lot of american companies that will give you the take it or leave it answer...............Good Luck.
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• Options
    edited May 20, 2008
    Which one
    HARTBLEI 35mm or 80mm Super-Rotator Tilt Shift Lens on Nikon D300 Which one
  • Options
    ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 23,851 moderator
    edited May 20, 2008
    Osprey wrote:
    HARTBLEI 35mm or 80mm Super-Rotator Tilt Shift Lens on Nikon D300 Which one

What would you use a T/S - Perspective Control lens for?

Landscapes?
    Architecture?
    Stitched panoramas?
    Studio?
    ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums
  • Options
    edited May 20, 2008
    HARTBLEI makes 5 versions of this lens......my suggestion....
    JUST GET ALL 5 rolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gif

35mm=53MM................and 80mm=120mm

Since the work I have seen done with T/S lenses has all been on the wide side (yes I did say WIDE not WILDE SIDE).....I would either opt for the 35 or 45mm......and I realize 45 was not on your list but since 80mm is getting kinda long (at an equiv of 120mm) and I PRESUMED you were figuring on shooting landscapes and such, with that in mind I would go for the wider end and since these are not designed for aps-c sensors then they will move right along with you when you buy that D3 in the next coming months.......:ivar

edit: I made a mistake...for 35mm cameras there are only 4 versions the 45mm is only available for Medium Format.............so I would go either 35mm or 65 and I think 65 might be a touch tooo looooong for landscapeing.

• Options
    claudermilkclaudermilk Registered Users Posts: 2,756 Major grins
    edited May 21, 2008
    Yebbut, you can adapt that 45mm to the 35mm format DSLRs, so back to 5 models. :D Those Hartbleis sure are tempting & the 80mm super-rotator got a decent review at photozone.
  • Options
    edited May 21, 2008
    Yebbut, you can adapt that 45mm to the 35mm format DSLRs, so back to 5 models. :D Those Hartbleis sure are tempting & the 80mm super-rotator got a decent review at photozone.

You just have to keep correcting me don't ya, Chris :D:D mwink.gifwink rolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gif
    Dang if you ain't right again....I gotta quit posting when tired .......
    Not sure of the Glass in these....by that I mean...some of the Kiev Glass was marked as Arsat, Jupiter and a couple of others but it was all great glass.....I think it had to do more with focal length and type (35mm or Med format) but I am not agbsolutely sure....can't open any more tabs as I am Uploading a 170mb file to be retouched in India.

• Options
    edited May 22, 2008
    Sorry. Not picking on you--I thought about that when posting..."uh oh, I'm gonna annoy Art again..." :D I've just been looking at those too for a while (seems like I've been looking at far more stuff than I can hope to afford). From what I've read apparently the optics all are supposed to come from one factory over there (Arsenal factory?)

I'm also thinking a little out of the box, like how to leverage the purchase of one of those oddballs to use on both my 645Pro and my 20D. Gotta love lens adapters. :D
  • Options
    edited May 24, 2008
    Sorry. Not picking on you--I thought about that when posting..."uh oh, I'm gonna annoy Art again..." :D I've just been looking at those too for a while (seems like I've been looking at far more stuff than I can hope to afford). From what I've read apparently the optics all are supposed to come from one factory over there (Arsenal factory?)

I'm also thinking a little out of the box, like how to leverage the purchase of one of those oddballs to use on both my 645Pro and my 20D. Gotta love lens adapters. :D

I don't get annoyed.....I get even:D:D:D......I just didn't pay close attention when peruseing the site......I had a guy in Atlanta that I prefered to buy from but after many years of great service.......he was gone.......he was a fantastic source for the metric to sae thread adapters as well as Kiev products.......yes Arsenal is the BIG factory........You be correct again.clap.gifD:Dthumb.gifthumb

• Options
    edited May 26, 2008
    2 versions?
    Do you know if there are 2 versions labeled Hartblei TS lens. The prices differ by 4 X for the 80 mm and the others are up in the multiple thousands. Maybe different glass ?? Here is the price list from their website

Hartblei – Prototyp 4,0/40 mm IF - Superrotator SR40IF 4289,00 €
    ® Hartblei – Prototyp 2,8/80 mm - Superrotator SR80PL 1989,00 €
    ® Hartblei – Prototyp Macro 4,0/120 mm - Superrotator SR120M 2949,00 €
    ® Set 40/80/120 mm Special Price -10 % SRZ-Set 8304,00 €
    contains SR40IF, SR80PL,SR120M
    ® Hartblei – Sunshade for Superrotator SR40IF 34,50 €
    ® Hartblei – Sunshade „Salami“ for Superrotator SR40IF 100,00 €
    ® Hartblei – Sunshade for Superrotator SR80PL 25,50 €
    ® Hartblei – Sunshade for Superrotator SR120M 29,50 €
    ® Hartblei – Koffer Pelicase large for Set + accessories 178,00 €
    All lenses can be ordered (please select) with the following mounts
    Canon | Nikon | Sony-Minolta | Leica R | Pentax K | Contax - add. mount + 50 €

The lens on ebay is only $500 ?????

• Options
    ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 23,851 moderator
    edited May 26, 2008
    Osprey wrote:
    Do you know if there are 2 versions labeled Hartblei TS lens.

I just grabbed this from their website (in USD):

"35mm format lenses
    fit Canon, Nikon, Minolta, Pentax, Zenit, Praktica, Leica R cameras
    MC TS-PC HARTBLEI 35mm / f=2.8 Super-Rotator Tilt Shift, 12-blade aperture $999
    Lens hood 82mm for HARTBLEI 35mm / f=2.8 lenses $55
    MC TS-PC HARTBLEI 65mm / f=3.5 Super-Rotator Tilt Shift $590
    MC TS-PC HARTBLEI 80mm / f=2.8 Super-Rotator Tilt Shift, 12-blade aperture $750
    MC TS-PC HARTBLEI 120mm / f=2.8 Super-Rotator Tilt Shift $630
    MC TS Arsat 35mm / f=2.8 Tilt Shift $595
    MC TS Arsat 80mm / f=2.8 Tilt Shift $385"

This link:

http://www.hartblei.com/price_list.htm
    ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums
  • Options
    edited May 27, 2008
    Osprey wrote:
    Do you know if there are 2 versions labeled Hartblei TS lens. The prices differ by 4 X for the 80 mm and the others are up in the multiple thousands. Maybe different glass ?? Here is the price list from their website

Hartblei – Prototyp 4,0/40 mm IF - Superrotator SR40IF 4289,00 €
    ® Hartblei – Prototyp 2,8/80 mm - Superrotator SR80PL 1989,00 €
    ® Hartblei – Prototyp Macro 4,0/120 mm - Superrotator SR120M 2949,00 €
    ® Set 40/80/120 mm Special Price -10 % SRZ-Set 8304,00 €
    contains SR40IF, SR80PL,SR120M
    ® Hartblei – Sunshade for Superrotator SR40IF 34,50 €
    ® Hartblei – Sunshade „Salami“ for Superrotator SR40IF 100,00 €
    ® Hartblei – Sunshade for Superrotator SR80PL 25,50 €
    ® Hartblei – Sunshade for Superrotator SR120M 29,50 €
    ® Hartblei – Koffer Pelicase large for Set + accessories 178,00 €
    All lenses can be ordered (please select) with the following mounts
    Canon | Nikon | Sony-Minolta | Leica R | Pentax K | Contax - add. mount + 50 €

The lens on ebay is only $500 ?????

This looks like it is from someone trying to make akilling buying from Hartblei and then reselling at a great profit margine.....
    I would not pay anymore than what is in Ziggy53's post as that is directly from Hartblei......and actually you can find them at times for less on ebay.....Your post almost looks like it was taken from Kiev USA and that guy has always been real high priced............there are all kinds of buyer bewares about them .......too bad Mikhail Fourman in Atlanta went out of business.....dang

• Options
    edited May 27, 2008
    Mikhail Fourman seems to be back
    Looks like maybe Mr.Mikhail Fourman of Atlanta based Kiev CAmera is back in business.....his site is very nice looking and prices are great too it seems....

Take a look here before buying those T/S LENSES ....
    Kiev Camera Atlanta Ga............
    Kiev Camera's Hartblei lenses.............

• Options
    edited May 28, 2008
    Good find! Hmm...$725 for a Mamiya-mount 45mm Super-rotator...then add a M645-EOS adapter....:D
  • Options
    edited May 28, 2008
    Final result
    The more info I get the more confused I get. I think I might just rent a Nikon PC lens and play with it. I was interesed mostly in changing the plane of focus ( if that is the right term )

Any way thanks for all the interest, If anyone has a used one of any brand that will mount on a D300 let me know and I will see what my money box has in it. :D