Options

Nice free EXIF/geotagging viewer/editor

NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
edited May 18, 2008 in Finishing School
I was pleasantly surprised to see a nice free meta-data editor from nobody else than MS itself.
Named ProPhoto Tools (Version 1) (link here), it allows you to view/modify geo info (and some other stuff), and is nicely integrated with MS Live Earth engine with it's high resolution aerial imagery (including 3D support, which is extremely cool), so you can even tell the difference between driver or passenger side of the vehicle:-)
Highly recommended (at least for Windows users)
"May the f/stop be with you!"

Comments

• Options
    Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited May 18, 2008
    I wonder if this replaces MS's WWMX (WORLD WIDE MEDIA eXCHANGE).....which is what I have used for quite sometime for tagging my photos......that is when I remember to take and turn on my gpsmwink.gif
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• Options
    NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited May 18, 2008
    Art Scott wrote:
    I wonder if this replaces MS's WWMX (WORLD WIDE MEDIA eXCHANGE).....which is what I have used for quite sometime for tagging my photos......that is when I remember to take and turn on my gpsmwink.gif
    Apparently, yes. WWMX stopped working for me since I switched to 40D. This one does, beautifully!
    "May the f/stop be with you!"
  • Options
    Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited May 18, 2008
    Nikolai wrote:
    Apparently, yes. WWMX stopped working for me since I switched to 40D. This one does, beautifully!
    Fantastic as I noticed that when I first downloaded WWMX it had not been supported for at least a couple of years or so......but that is the way of "free projects" I presume.................

I will now give PPT a download .....I am sure it will be just fine as it works for you:D.........THANX FOR THE LINK
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website