Options

Friends wedding

rspartsrsparts Registered Users Posts: 217 Major grins
edited May 19, 2008 in Weddings
Megan and I have known one another since we were 4. We were conjoined at the hip until I moved away at the age of 17. She was my first crush, my first kiss, and my best friend and to this day and forever I will consider her to be my sister. So things being what they are, naturally when she told me she was getting married, I asked if I could shoot some of the reception - well she practically insisted on it.

This would be my first wedding style shoot so I was very excited - and a bit inquisitive about how to go about it. I took my 50mm 1.8 and my 55-200 mm 4.0 and got to work. I took a little over 300 pictures in a 2 hour period. When I got home, I uploaded them all, then narrowed them down to 76, which I later narrowed down to 38. Here are just 10 of those 38.

Keep in mind this was my first time shooting anything of this nature and the reception hall was small and dark, save for natural light coming in through the old windows. It was cloudy outside which didn't allow for much light but I cranked my ISO, tried to set a high shutter speed, and snapped everything I saw.

Also keep in mind I was NOT the primary photographer. She had 2 other younger gentlemen shooting her entire wedding. I was merely a friend with a camera.

DSC_1469.jpg

DSC_1646.jpg

DSC_1585.jpg

DSC_1528.jpg

DSC_1516.jpg

DSC_1519.jpg

DSC_1495.jpg

DSC_1502.jpg

DSC_1486.jpg

DSC_1362.jpg

Comments