Options

Photo Returns - Question

kygardenkygarden Registered Users Posts: 1,060 Major grins
edited May 22, 2008 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
Maybe this has been asked already - sorry if it has.

I've got a pro smugmug account. Let's say someone buys a print of mine. Let's say it's a 20x30 for example. I suppose size doesn't matter..but for this example let's say 20x30.

What happens if someone orders a photo and then comes back and says (after they get it) that the print isn't very good quality or there's just some other subjective reason why they don't like it...but it IS essentially the photo they saw on the web for sale.

What do I do in that case? Do I eat that and refund the customer's money if they just don't want to take it or get another one as a replacement? Or is that someone SmugMug handles since the print actually came from their printer?

Just wondering - in case it happens to me some day :) All of my more recent photos are hi-res, max quality...but there ARE some in my galleries that were saved at lesser resolution but SmugMug still offers those at larger sizes....let's say up to 16x20 or so in some cases. So mainly it's those I'm wondering about - how they hold up to printing at the larger size.

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    CameronCameron Registered Users Posts: 745 Major grins
    edited May 22, 2008
    http://www.smugmug.com/help/print-guarantee

Smugmug will reprint/fix the order to make your customer happy. They have a 100% satisfaction guarantee. This is one of the benefits of smugmug and you will NOT eat the cost of any reprints.

Smugmug's shopping cart won't let you buy an item with a less than satisfactory resolution for that particular product. So, if they can order it, it should be covered by the guarantee.
    thumb.gif

Caveat - I don't work for smugmug but I've seen their customer service in action and you don't have anything to worry about.
  • Options
    kygardenkygarden Registered Users Posts: 1,060 Major grins
    edited May 22, 2008
    Awesome. Good to know. I've seen some good stories on here but wanted to ask something specific. So basically, I should be covered. That takes the stress/burden off me. If SmugMug says it should be fine at whatever size it's offered, that's a no-brainer for me. No figuring out if I shouldn't sell this or that at whatever size, etc. :)