Options

Orlando

scottVscottV Registered Users Posts: 354 Major grins
Gonna be in Orlando for a week for the first time starting june 2 in the convention center area. Unfortunately it will be a working trip so I will only have evenings and early mornings open, assuming I can get out of bed early enough. Looking for ideas for nice scenic shots of sunrise, sunset, or anything else interesting, possibly with some water? Gonna try to pack light so probably have my tripod and 24-70, still debating on the 100-400 but if there are lots of interesting birds around it might be worth it. I noticed that there is a launch scheduled on tuesday and I am bummed but would feel guilty about skipping a whole day of the conference my job is paying me to attend :cry
We have pretty boring weather here in so cal so some nice afternoon storms would be a treat as well. Any input and suggestions are appreciated.

Comments

• Options
    fayefaye Registered Users Posts: 33 Big grins
    edited May 24, 2008
    I believe the shuttle launch is scheduled for May 31.. at least I hope so because I have travel plans to be there. ne_nau.gif

As for Orlando photo locations, I'm sure there are other members who live in the area and can make suggestions for you. :D
    Faye
    :ivar

blog ~ Galleries ~ Facebook
  • Options
    HarrybHarryb Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 22,708 Major grins
    edited May 25, 2008
    Gatorland in Orlando has a very active rookery with lots of action going on right now.

The shuttle launches are always exciting and festive around here. Remember though that cancellations are quite common. Check the NASA web site before firming up your plans. Also you need a good viewing site also. I know of one and if you are interested PM me for the info. If you want to shoot the launch bring your longest glass with you.
    Harry
    http://behret.smugmug.com/ NANPA member
    How many photographers does it take to change a light bulb? 50. One to change the bulb, and forty-nine to say, "I could have done that better!"