Feature request -- save draft in dgrin

2»

Comments

• patch29patch29 Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,928 Major grins
    edited March 28, 2005
    rutt wrote:
    Tends to confirm my theory. The issue seems to be with the "Full WYSIWYG" interface. Patch, do you see photos you post while composing? Andy? I bet not.

I think you are onto something. I do not get the WYSIWYG interface in Safari, but I do in Firefox, no option to turn it off either, maybe it is in the CP? It is annoying and I have a good idea of what it will look like anyway, so no loss to me.
  • ruttrutt Registered Users Posts: 6,511 Major grins
    edited March 28, 2005
    patch29 wrote:
    I think you are onto something. I do not get the WYSIWYG interface in Safari, but I do in Firefox, no option to turn it off either, maybe it is in the CP? It is annoying and I have a good idea of what it will look like anyway, so no loss to me.
    It's in the CP, near the bottom of the options page. I don't think it works in Safari and I'm pretty sure that Sid has it turned off. So evidence is growing that this is a nice feature of vbulletin that doesn't quite work.
    If not now, when?
  • BaldyBaldy Registered Users, Super Moderators Posts: 2,853 moderator
    edited March 28, 2005
    I surfed through the chatter in the forums at vBulletin.com and found some comments about how Firefox works differently than IE, but I didn't stumble across quite this issue, at least that I recognized.

I think what I'll do is upgrade to the latest version because I noticed a few bug fixes that had to do with display, so maybe we'll get lucky and find this has been solved.
    edited March 28, 2005
    Baldy wrote:
    I surfed through the chatter in the forums at vBulletin.com and found some comments about how Firefox works differently than IE, but I didn't stumble across quite this issue, at least that I recognized.
    FWIW, I got the exact same results with IE and Firefox on windows. WSYSWYG editor always loses state with forward/back. I don't think it has anything to do with the browsers at all.
    If not now, when?
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited March 28, 2005
    i use safari, which trods along like harry in the swamp with either the standard editor or the enhanced interface (full wysiwyg) -- incidentally sid both are available under user cp> edit options, then look near the bottom.

anyhow, safari works great with the basic editor, so that's what i've been using. i never have a problem with losing posts....

hth,
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited March 28, 2005
    rutt wrote:
    FWIW, I got the exact same results with IE and Firefox on windows. WSYSWYG editor always loses state with forward/back. I don't think it has anything to do with the browsers at all.

but it doesn't do this in safari. i just tested, switched to wysiwyg and have gone fwd/back without loss of state.
    edited March 28, 2005
    andy wrote:
    but it doesn't do this in safari. i just tested, switched to wysiwyg and have gone fwd/back without loss of state.
    You have to be very careful when you do this experiment. I just repeated. if you set the full WYSIWYG option in the User CP, my version of safari doesn't actually do it. I still get the standard editor. And I can still go fwd/back without loss of state, but images added to posts don't show inlinie and there is no undo/redo tool. I think we know that this even makes sense because the vbulletin code checks the firefox version before deciding that it is really allowed to have the WYSIWSG editor. The code has some fairly select lists of browsers and versions that are allowed to do this.

So you have to insert an image or a quote and see if it shows up the way it's going to look after you post. You have to make sure the undo/redo tools show. I'd be surprised if I were wrong, but if I am I want to know because it would mean that it is possible for the full WYSIWYG to have nonbroken fwd/back in some browsers (but safari would be an odd choice, since it doesn't work in IE either.)
    If not now, when?
    edited March 29, 2005
    Reproduced on vbulletin, bug reported
    I was able to reproduce the problem with WYSIWYG editor and back/forward on vbulletin.com and so reported a bug. Bug number is 3946.
    If not now, when?