Options

Delete albums

ruttrutt Registered Users Posts: 6,511 Major grins
Boy, do I ever want this. Developing with smugmug.py I have made a lot of empty albums that I'd like to blow away easily.
If not now, when?

Comments

• Options
    edited March 29, 2005
    bump
    If not now, when?
  • Options
    DoctorItDoctorIt Administrators Posts: 11,951 moderator
    edited March 29, 2005
    I think you can now... I just found out last night that I can make custom categories! I thought that was reserved for Power users, but I guess its trickled down to us underlings as well. While I was there, I could swear there was a delete albums option.
    ne_nau.gif
    Erik
    moderator of: The Flea Market [ guidelines ]

• Options
    DoctorItDoctorIt Administrators Posts: 11,951 moderator
    edited March 29, 2005
    nevermind, you can only delete categories or subcategories. Maybe you could move all your unwanted albums to a "trash" category, then delete them all in one swoop???
    Erik
    moderator of: The Flea Market [ guidelines ]

• Options
    edited March 29, 2005
    DoctorIt wrote:
    nevermind, you can only delete categories or subcategories. Maybe you could move all your unwanted albums to a "trash" category, then delete them all in one swoop???
    A good idea, but I was hoping for deleteAlbums in the API.
    If not now, when?
  • Options
    NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited March 29, 2005
    Rutt
    rutt wrote:
    A good idea, but I was hoping for deleteAlbums in the API.
    While there is no deleteAlbum API ready (and I'm not sure if there will be any time soon, Don seems to be very busy lately), "creative browsing" (aka "hacking) approach works amazingly well:-). How do you think I came out with category management APIs for SE mwink.gif?
    It's a bit more hassle to program at first, but not by much.
    And once you figure out the pattern, you'll be adding your own "smugmug API" left and right:-).

David (devbobo) is definitely a guru in it, but I already learned how to do this, too:-). Shoot me an email/PM, I'll give you a some directions:-)
    Not that you need them:-)

HTH

Cheers!1drink.gif
    "May the f/stop be with you!"