Options

details

cdonovancdonovan Registered Users Posts: 724 Major grins
edited June 3, 2008 in Weddings
Had a final meeting yesterday with a couple whos wedding will be friday of this week, we ran over final details and she brought along her shoes and their rings and veil and a flower that is the basis of the colors of their wedding. They are soo excited, very detailed people, so they got me to take pictures of these things before they were used. I think technically they are ok...maybe I'm just getting bored with weddings....what do you folks think of this series?
C&C very welcome!

304925393_7wqam-L.jpg

304925975_aWZqD-L.jpg

This is my least favorite, but they love photoshopped stuff, so this is what I came up with based on what we did yesterday
304919159_achrF-L.jpg
304920394_DUgcV-L.jpg

304905451_mKmfg-L.jpg
304905878_VGEqW-L.jpg

304907205_H9oGX-L.jpg

304920919_G2wgV-L.jpg

Comments

• Options
    edited June 2, 2008
    Oouf, 84 views and no replies...guess they really are boring!!!rolleyes1.gif
  • Options
    Lee MasseyLee Massey Registered Users Posts: 274 Major grins
    edited June 2, 2008
    Hi there,

This looks like a nice set... :D There does appear to be some colour issues, but I am not 100% sure as I am not viewing on a calibrated monitored. But the composition of the photos are quite nice.

Thanks,

Lee
  • Options
    cmasoncmason Registered Users Posts: 2,506 Major grins
    edited June 2, 2008
    yes i agree, you definitely want to shoot a whitebalance reference in each type of light or go with custom white balance in camera...really your whitebalance is all over the place in these samples
  • Options
    lisaplisap Registered Users Posts: 294 Major grins
    edited June 2, 2008
    I like the jewelery shots, especially the one with the rings on the book. The colouring does bother me a bit as well. I tend to lean away from the yellower tones though, but that's my personal preference only.

The shoe shots aren't as interesting for me, but if the couple wants them, you've gotta give 'em what they want! :) Maybe if they were my shoes.... ne_nau.gif

-- Lisa P.
  • Options
    PhotosbychuckPhotosbychuck Registered Users Posts: 1,239 Major grins
    edited June 2, 2008
    I like #4 & #6 the best.

Take Care,
    Chuck,
    D300S, 18-200mm VR, 70-300mm VR

Aperture Focus Photography
    http://aperturefocus.com
  • Options
    edited June 2, 2008
    Thanks everyone for the comments!
    I wondered about the colors in these.....the colored hands one makes me wonder the most.....
    I had it set to AWB, because I was using flash, I had some natural light from the window and then also lighting from a lamp! It was difficult to choose. The range in colors is due in large part to my editing. I created an effect...mostly noticeable in the photoshopped picture, with placing a black and white adjustment layer and then brought down it's transparency......

Is there still too much red in the hands photo? :D
  • Options
    SwartzySwartzy Registered Users Posts: 3,293 Major grins
    edited June 3, 2008
    I don't mind the colors at all...except for the hands.....that one is nuclear but still a great comp. Easily fixed in PS. I like all these as they are very nice detail shots. Good job.

Truth is, the wave these days is to over color, radical process as many more couples desire other looks than "traditional". There of course are times that elegance, proper white balance, exposure must be. The detail shots allow for some creativity as well.
    Swartzy:
    NAPP Member | Canon Shooter
    Weddings/Portraits and anything else that catches my eye.
    www.daveswartz.com
    Model Mayhem site http://www.modelmayhem.com/686552
  • Options
    shatchshatch Registered Users Posts: 798 Major grins
    edited June 3, 2008
    I love number 4. A real keeper. Nice job.
  • Options
    evorywareevoryware Registered Users Posts: 1,330 Major grins
    edited June 3, 2008
    I really like 2, 3, and 4!
    Canon 40D : Canon 400D : Canon Elan 7NE : Canon 580EX : 2 x Canon 430EX : Canon 24-70 f2.8L : Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L USM : Canon 28-135mm f/3.5 IS : 18-55mm f/3.5 : 4GB Sandisk Extreme III : 2GB Sandisk Extreme III : 2 x 1GB Sandisk Ultra II : Sekonik L358

dak.smugmug.com