Options

Setting different prices

RKnechtRKnecht Registered Users Posts: 366 Major grins
edited June 2, 2008 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
for prints in the same gallery. Here is my question. Let's say I have a gallery with both standard prints and montages (which I charge more for). Is there a way to set a price for a "normal" 8x10 and a Montage 8x10 in the same gallery. I looked around and couldn't find an answer. Or, do I need to just put montages in their own galleries?
A few Nikon bodies and some fast Nikon glass

www.richknechtphotography.com

Comments

• Options
    denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,246 moderator
    edited June 2, 2008
    RKnecht wrote:
    for prints in the same gallery. Here is my question. Let's say I have a gallery with both standard prints and montages (which I charge more for). Is there a way to set a price for a "normal" 8x10 and a Montage 8x10 in the same gallery. I looked around and couldn't find an answer. Or, do I need to just put montages in their own galleries?
    According to the pricing help you can set prices at an image level. So in the gallery where you have both types of images, you could set prices specific to the image. I suppose it depends on how many images you have in that gallery. If you have a lot, then it might be easier on you to split the montage vs. standard images into different galleries. But that might not be easier for your buyers.

How many of each type of photo are there? If you had a gallery with just a few of one type of print, you could set gallery level pricing and then override it at the image level for the few images that are different.

http://www.smugmug.com/help/print-pricing

--- Denise