Options

First Wedding, Second Shooter, Hmmmm.....

LensCapLensCap Registered Users Posts: 121 Major grins
edited June 5, 2008 in Weddings
Got to tag along as a Second Shooter to a small outdoor wedding yesterday. First try at weddings...not real happy with my shots but the important stuff is I learned a lot plus I actually had fun! I swear dark mines are a whole lot easier to deal with :D. Shot with D300, 18-200mm, SB-800. Comments welcome!!!

1. The whole gang
305361796_2FcDL-M.jpg

2. First kiss, he has her 2' off the ground :D
305361962_6sC8b-M.jpg

3. This is a local political icon (county commisioner) whoe performed the ceremony. She is having the Groom "swear" that he will use the vacuum cleaner, wash clothes, etc.
305361882_m67Pz-M.jpg

4. My favorite shot of the day
305361937_XckXp-L.jpg

Got another one coming up next Saturday (second shooter with the same guy again). Maybe I'll learn from these and do a little better...Thanks!
Randy Sartin
http://sartinphoto.com

Nikon Stuff (not that it really matters)

Comments

• Options
    RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,929 moderator
    edited June 4, 2008
    Hi Randy,

You have captured some nice moments here. Keep at it. thumb.gif

Cheers,
  • Options
    AgnieszkaAgnieszka Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,263 Major grins
    edited June 4, 2008
    I agree, some nice shots ... show us some more!! :D
  • Options
    ShannonHeatShannonHeat Registered Users Posts: 222 Major grins
    edited June 4, 2008
    I think we're all pretty self critical of ourselves. Always wondering what we could have done diferently. Of course with a wedding, we know we can't go back and re-do the day, so we try our best to capture the things that capture our eye. You did a great job! I really wish we could see her feet of the ground in the first kiss picture, but it's still a great shot. I'm glad you had fun, wedding are my choice of work....there's so much to capture, and these are often some of the most cherished pictures of a lifetime. Kepp shooting, you may come to loving wedding shoots mwink.gif.
    Shannon :D
    Canon Digital Rebel XTI, 430ex, sigma 24-70 f2.8 macro, a crummy kit lens, 4gb cf, and tons of batteries.
    www.heatonphotography.net
    http://picasaweb.google.com/heatonphotography
    www.myspace.com/heatonphotography
  • Options
    BasherXtBasherXt Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
    edited June 4, 2008
    Nice shots. Mary Lou hasn't changed a bit.
  • Options
    LensCapLensCap Registered Users Posts: 121 Major grins
    edited June 4, 2008
    A few more shots
    Thanks for the kind comments! Here are a few more, didn't do much at all to these.....

1. Bride and son (Eli)
    305361834_Qde6c-M.jpg

2. Apparently this is where I started zooming in, darn it...gives you an idea of how high he had her up though...
    307455113_ZNsDP-M.jpg

3. Basher, welcome to dgrin!!! clap.gif Hope you find this forum as helpful as I have. Here's another Mary Lou...
    307455082_UiUSa-M.jpg

4. This building is at the side of their yard, I absolutely love it for some reason....:D
    305361747_mY6tq-M.jpg

Again, many thanks for the encouragement! Looking like I get to tag along on 2 more this weekend, wish me luck. See Ya!!!
    Randy Sartin
    http://sartinphoto.com

Nikon Stuff (not that it really matters)
  • Options
    bauermanbauerman Registered Users Posts: 452 Major grins
    edited June 5, 2008
    I think that you did quite well - thanks for posting and sharing these.
    Perhaps the greatest social service that can be rendered by anybody to this country and to mankind is to bring up a family. - George Bernard Shaw