my first track pictures

binghottbinghott Registered Users Posts: 1,075 Major grins
edited March 31, 2005 in Sports
these are from my school's first boys home track meet on 3/20/05. these are all with my digital rebel and 70-200 2.8L. please tell me what you think.

18153841-M.jpg

18153764-M.jpg

18153961-M.jpg

18153988-M.jpg

Comments

• JubbaKingJubbaKing Registered Users Posts: 120 Major grins
    edited March 26, 2005
    They look good.
    #1 I find the background distracting. Were you shooting at 2.8?
    #2 Small crop of the left side and the top would improve it, imo.
    #3 Not too fond of it. He doesn't look determined or anything, it looks like he's just kind of in pain (like he was stretching or something)
    #4 Best of the bunch. Best facial expression and determination.

Post more!
    Nate Grant: Living Legend
  • wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited March 27, 2005
    Nice color, nice light. The face on the second one is good, and I like the last shot. IMHO one simple thing would make at least two of the shots better - a vertical/portrait orientation instead of the landscape orientation.
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • evil eggplantevil eggplant Registered Users Posts: 464 Major grins
    edited March 27, 2005
    nice
    really contrasty. nice style. i agree with the comment about the background being distracting on the first shot. that is my only nit. nice work.

regards
  • binghottbinghott Registered Users Posts: 1,075 Major grins
    edited March 27, 2005
    thanks so much for the comments and advice. on the first picture, i was shooting in sports mode so i think it was at f/7 and i was at 70mm, so that would explain the lack of good background blur. the third one i wasn't sure how i felt about it so thanks for what you said about it. i'm really happy with the 2nd and 4th pictures.
  • Steve CaviglianoSteve Cavigliano Super Moderators Posts: 3,599 moderator
    edited March 28, 2005
    Very good job, for your first time thumb.gifthumb.gif

Looks like it was tough lighting too. All the nits have already been picked, so I have nothing to add. Other than to keep shooting and sharing these track shots clap.gif

Thanks for sharing,
    Steve
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • binghottbinghott Registered Users Posts: 1,075 Major grins
    edited March 31, 2005
    Looks like it was tough lighting too.
    i thought the lighting was pretty good, the sun was getting a little low and was exactly in line with the main stretch of the track, so i thought it produced some pretty good shadows, but what do i know, i'm still kinda new to this.