Options

Fishing Bride...so brave!

ShannonHeatShannonHeat Registered Users Posts: 222 Major grins
edited June 9, 2008 in Weddings
Okay guys,
I did my Bridal shoot with the fishing pole on Saturday. It was such a beautiful location in Wimberly, TX. We took 300 pictures, and I am just now beginning to edit, so here are a few. We did a bit of hiking to get to some of these spots and that left me with over 100 chgger bites. Oh, but were those bites worth it! Here are just a few to begin with. Fun bride, loved to smile! C/C is always welcome.

1) She was so much fun...look at this laugh!
Tammie%20Beam%20Bridals%20135%20copy.jpg?imgmax=512

2)
Tammie%20Beam%20Bridals%20149.jpg?imgmax=512
3)Tammie%20Beam%20Bridals%20167.jpg?imgmax=512

4)Tammie%20Beam%20Bridals%20203.jpg?imgmax=512

5)Tammie%20Beam%20Bridals%20210.jpg?imgmax=512

6)Tammie%20Beam%20Bridals%20280.jpg?imgmax=512

7)Tammie%20Beam%20Bridals%20322.jpg?imgmax=512
Shannon :D
Canon Digital Rebel XTI, 430ex, sigma 24-70 f2.8 macro, a crummy kit lens, 4gb cf, and tons of batteries.
www.heatonphotography.net
http://picasaweb.google.com/heatonphotography
www.myspace.com/heatonphotography

Comments

• Options
    jbakerphotojbakerphoto Registered Users Posts: 251 Major grins
    edited June 3, 2008
    You did a good job figuring out how get it to work.........Good Job....Think the bride and groom will be happy.....:D
    40D,Rebel XT,Tamron 17-50 2.8,Tamron 28-80 3.5-5.6, Canon 50 1.8, Sigma 70-200 2.8, Canon 580EX , Sunpack 383 w/ optical slave

www.jonbakerphotography.com
  • Options
    NateWagnerNateWagner Registered Users Posts: 142 Major grins
    edited June 3, 2008
    I really like them, though, in #7 is she doing a fish face? I think that looks a little odd, but that's just my personal opinion.

Overall I think they were quite creative, and I enjoyed looking through them :)
    Thanks,
    -Nate

Equipment
    Canon Stuff (and third party stuff as well)
    Tampa Bay Wedding Photography
  • Options
    AgnieszkaAgnieszka Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,263 Major grins
    edited June 3, 2008
    Love #6 !!! clap.gif (I would have maybe moved her more to the left, but it's a wonderful photo!!)
  • Options
    LlywellynLlywellyn Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,186 Major grins
    edited June 3, 2008
    Nice job. thumb.gif I have to agree that #6 is just gorgeous.

What a cool (and daring) bride!
  • Options
    joshhuntnmjoshhuntnm Registered Users Posts: 1,924 Major grins
    edited June 4, 2008
  • Options
    anwmn1anwmn1 Registered Users Posts: 3,469 Major grins
    edited June 4, 2008
    I like #3 and #6 from this set. Good job clap.gif
    "The Journey of life is as much in oneself as the roads one travels"

Aaron Newman

Facebook: Capturing Light and Emotion
  • Options
    Jeff_MiloJeff_Milo Registered Users Posts: 327 Major grins
    edited June 4, 2008
    #6 is a wonderful shot, very nicely done !!
    Jeff Milo
    MILOStudios

www.milophotostudios.com
  • Options
    leaforteleaforte Registered Users Posts: 1,948 Major grins
    edited June 4, 2008
    7 says a lot.
    Growing with Dgrin

• Options
    Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
    edited June 4, 2008
    These are great! Love the expressions and the sense of fun.

I also have to pick #6 as my fav - though it looks a bit centered to me.

I gotta ask - was this before or after the wedding? I've not had a bride that would even consider doing something like this before the wedding and none of them are interested in doing something like this after the wedding (they just want to get on with their life...).
  • Options
    PhotosbychuckPhotosbychuck Registered Users Posts: 1,239 Major grins
    edited June 4, 2008
    Great Photos!

I like #1, 6 & 7 the best.

Take Care,
    Chuck,
    D300S, 18-200mm VR, 70-300mm VR

Aperture Focus Photography
    http://aperturefocus.com
  • Options
    edited June 4, 2008
    Hi Scott,
    Believe it or not her wedding is not until July 12th! I live in Texas, and for some reason my brides are willing to go all out for their pictures. I have one shot where her dress was completely imersed in the water. She and her fiance are big time fishermen, and the idea began because she wanted some shots to display next to the groom's cake. # 6 is a bit centered due to the fact that if I moved, I would have fallen off a cliff...haha. I got the best angle I could, and I'm glad you like it. I have so many more great shots, but I decided to process a few to post here, and this is what I came up with.
    Thank you for the compliments.
    These are great! Love the expressions and the sense of fun.

I also have to pick #6 as my fav - though it looks a bit centered to me.

I gotta ask - was this before or after the wedding? I've not had a bride that would even consider doing something like this before the wedding and none of them are interested in doing something like this after the wedding (they just want to get on with their life...).
    Canon Digital Rebel XTI, 430ex, sigma 24-70 f2.8 macro, a crummy kit lens, 4gb cf, and tons of batteries.
  • Options
    edited June 4, 2008
    #7 was a goof off picture. She was shocked when I actually snapped it...lol. The original shot (which hasn't yet been processed) shows her holding out the ring on the hook, with her in the background. I close cropped this one so you can't see her other hand actually holding the lure. I just thought it would be fun to post a goofy shot...it shows she had a lot of fun :D. I'm glad you enjoyed looking through the shots, thank you for the compiments.
    NateWagner wrote:
    I really like them, though, in #7 is she doing a fish face? I think that looks a little odd, but that's just my personal opinion.

Overall I think they were quite creative, and I enjoyed looking through them :)
  • Options
    edited June 4, 2008
    Does anyone know how to make on really neat collage? I think this series would go well in one. I'm looking for tutorials on "blended" collages in CS2. Anyone?
  • Options
    jeffreaux2jeffreaux2 Registered Users Posts: 4,762 Major grins
    edited June 4, 2008
    Does anyone know how to make on really neat collage? I think this series would go well in one. I'm looking for tutorials on "blended" collages in CS2. Anyone?

I use collages all the time as a way to display a handful of photos without a ton of scrolling.

I begin with a new photoshop image 5000x5000 pixels 300ppi and set the BG color to black. I don't blend the images, but rather leave them whole on seperate layers with drop shadows...if they overlap.
  • Options
    edited June 5, 2008
    Hmmm...have details on how to do that?
    jeffreaux2 wrote:
    I use collages all the time as a way to display a handful of photos without a ton of scrolling.

I begin with a new photoshop image 5000x5000 pixels 300ppi and set the BG color to black. I don't blend the images, but rather leave them whole on seperate layers with drop shadows...if they overlap.
  • Options
    AgnieszkaAgnieszka Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,263 Major grins
    edited June 7, 2008
    That's funny. It might end up being a bridesmaid (for once ... well, a bridesmaid + the photographer for one of my best friends wedding - haha) ... so I was looking at wedding toppers (for her) and stumbled over one that made me think of your bride:

http://www.lovethebride.com/product/7104

She should get one of them! clap.gif
  • Options
    rspartsrsparts Registered Users Posts: 217 Major grins
    edited June 8, 2008
    thats funny her ring looks identical to my fiance's ring. it's a saphire with a diamond on either side.

Excellent photos...I like #3 a lot - very creative
    left me with over 100 chigger bites.

excuse me but I believe we're calling them Chegros now :D
  • Options
    ShimaShima Registered Users Posts: 2,547 Major grins
    edited June 8, 2008
    These are really fun, it must have been great to have such a creative bride willing to do shots like these.
  • Options
    edited June 9, 2008
    I love those cake toppers, and I'm willing to bet that's what she has on her cake! Thanks for sharing:D.
    Agnieszka wrote:
    That's funny. It might end up being a bridesmaid (for once ... well, a bridesmaid + the photographer for one of my best friends wedding - haha) ... so I was looking at wedding toppers (for her) and stumbled over one that made me think of your bride:

http://www.lovethebride.com/product/7104

She should get one of them! clap.gif