D3, and other Nikon goodies
Shilliday Photography
Blog
Facebook

Comments

• Options
    VanquizVanquiz Registered Users Posts: 199 Major grins
    edited June 9, 2008
    Beautiful shots, looks like you executed the B&W very well. And those 2 silhouette shots, great job, I need to learn how to do those kind of silhouette shots, especially #1, excellentthumb.gif
  • Options
    heatherfeatherheatherfeather Registered Users Posts: 2,738 Major grins
    edited June 9, 2008
    #1 is "wow amazing"!
  • Options
    SwartzySwartzy Registered Users Posts: 3,293 Major grins
    edited June 10, 2008
    Yeppers...#1 is way cool. All are nicely done. They'll be pleased. thumb.gif
    Swartzy:
    NAPP Member | Canon Shooter
    Weddings/Portraits and anything else that catches my eye.
    www.daveswartz.com
    Model Mayhem site http://www.modelmayhem.com/686552
  • Options
    cmorganphotographycmorganphotography Registered Users Posts: 980 Major grins
    edited June 10, 2008
  • Options
    joshhuntnmjoshhuntnm Registered Users Posts: 1,924 Major grins
    edited June 10, 2008
  • Options
    nicoleshillidaynicoleshilliday Registered Users Posts: 549 Major grins
    edited June 10, 2008
    Thanks everyone.

I have been working on my black and white conversion over the last year and am feeling like i am getting better at it. Still have a ways to go, but like how these turned out.

This was the first chruch wedding that I shot! So many couples now a days are getting married outside, or in the reception hall, making it hard to get that great silhouette shots. My wedding photographer did it with us and they are our fav from our wedding. So, i was super excited to be able to do it for them (and yes they loved them)! What i do want to do is edit out the door hinges at the top, but every time i do it, i think it looks funny. I was able to get rid of them in the close up, but not in the wider shot.

Does anyone think that the church pic needs some straightening? I think the ground and the altar are not parallel, I tried my best????
    Nicole
    Shilliday Photography
    Blog
    Facebook
  • Options
    Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
    edited June 10, 2008
    Does anyone think that the church pic needs some straightening? I think the ground and the altar are not parallel, I tried my best????
    Yup. I think this is a perspective issue induced by a wider angle lens and not being able to line up the lens and focal plain with the architectural feature of the church. Maybe pick one aspect to make horizontal/vertical and let the rest fall where it will or rotate the image so nothing is horizontal/vertical (make it look on purpose:D).
  • Options
    beetle8beetle8 Registered Users Posts: 677 Major grins
    edited June 10, 2008
    15524779-Ti.gif
    I do think that perspective/distortion is enhancing the unleveled appearance I would use something at the center as the reference like the cross or the two posts on either side of the bride and groom.
    I don't think it would look as good intentionally angled but I do think it would look good to add a little more lens distortion on the outside after it's straightened.
    The whole set is gorgeous, I like the Guinness.
  • Options
    AgnieszkaAgnieszka Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,263 Major grins
    edited June 10, 2008
    I LOVE #1. Nice set!!! iloveyou.gif
  • Options
    nicoleshillidaynicoleshilliday Registered Users Posts: 549 Major grins
    edited June 10, 2008
    Thanks again everyone! I am still very green with wedding photography and appriciate all the comments and suggestions!
    Nicole
    Shilliday Photography
    Blog
    Facebook