Options

Pool shots in this HEAT

VanquizVanquiz Registered Users Posts: 199 Major grins
edited June 11, 2008 in People
As you know, these couple days the heat is unbelievably unreal, so I bought a small pool for my daughter, and today my friends came for a visit, and I took couple shots of my daughter and their son together.

Unfortunatelly, I couldnt find any shot that have both of them in the correct pose in one frame, so I tried to combine these 2 shots together in Photoshop, I tried to make it like classic photo instead of color. I know it's still recognizable as 2 photos stacked together, but this is the best I could do at this moment, still need to learn a lot in PS.

C&C are welcome and greatly appreciated.

Original
1.310363546_p9NZz-M.jpg
2.310363543_BdBgj-M.jpg

Result
310364216_6CqNq-M.jpg

Comments

• Options
    davidweaverdavidweaver Registered Users Posts: 681 Major grins
    edited June 11, 2008
    A couple suggestions:

#1: Get lower to your subject and shoot up.

#2: Understand how Levels in PSP or PS or whatever you are using will help bring out detail in your shots.

cheers.
  • Options
    edited June 11, 2008
    Thanks for the suggestion, adjusting levels is definetely something that I need to learn in PS.

About leveling to the subject, I always try to get to their eye level and take the shot, but unfortunately, it's not working with these shots, since the kids when stand up, they're not above the pool level at all, cant see anything from the other side of the pool wall.
  • Options
    beetle8beetle8 Registered Users Posts: 677 Major grins
    edited June 11, 2008
    not a bad job at all on the composite, When you flipped the kid on the left I think a little scaling would have sold it better he seems to be slightly mis proportioned. If your using PS then cntrl T to get the bounding box hold the shift key (to constrain proportions) grab a corner of the box and drag it in slightly.
  • Options
    edited June 11, 2008
    Thanks beetle, never knew this trick before, I always have problem when transforming/scaling the image to make it proportional.
  • Options
    beetle8beetle8 Registered Users Posts: 677 Major grins
    edited June 11, 2008
    NoProb
    where are you with the heat?
    here in New Hampshire we had three days of horrible heat that just toned down today. Today happens to be when the repair guy could get here to fix the broken AC. At one point it was 92 outside and 92 inside.
  • Options
    edited June 11, 2008
    o.O 92" with broken AC eek7.gif

Yea, it seems cooling down today, the highest in Philadelphia around Monday-Tuesday, actual temperature 99'F, but it sure does feels like double than that.