Options

climbers hands

mushymushy Registered Users Posts: 643 Major grins
edited March 31, 2005 in Sports
This was taken at an area called dreaded boulders, i have a few more will post them shortly.
18485477-M.jpg
May I take your picture?

Comments

• Options
    ruttrutt Registered Users Posts: 6,511 Major grins
    edited March 29, 2005
    These weeks Fred Miranda competition (they call it Weekly Assignment or WA) is "Hands". A climber's hands shot with a lot of drama might have a chance and would likely be a unique take on the theme. This is a nice shot, but for a competition like that, I think you'd need more. How far does he fall if he lets go. How hard is it to hold on? Is he about to lose it or completely in control. That sort of thing.
    If not now, when?
  • Options
    Steve CaviglianoSteve Cavigliano Super Moderators Posts: 3,599 moderator
    edited March 31, 2005
    Mushy,

This is a nice one thumb.gifthumb.gif I like the way the whole pic is built around those hands clap.gif

I also agree with Rutt. Since this is such a demanding and dangerous sport, it would be nice if your pics could convey a bit more drama. Maybe shooting with an angled perspective (holding your camera at an angle). So you can show the hands and still show the drop, that awaits, if those hands lose their tenuous grip.

I don't envy you. Good climbing shots are very tough to get, IMHO. Not only because of the hassle you go through just getting a decent shot but, as I mention above, trying to convey the essence of the sport, in a picture. Personally, I've never shot climbers, but I look for climbing pics that make me think OMG when I view them. You know, pics that give you that funny feeling in your stomach when you view them? That mixture of fear and excitement.

Sorry for rambling....lol

Thanks for sharing,
    Steve
    SmugMug Support Hero