Options

Is trailing tesxt possible.....

Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
edited June 11, 2008 in Finishing School
I have a business card software that I can make trailing test with and I was wondering if this is possible with Photoshop 7 or CS (both which I have)

here is a screen shot of the text I was referring to.

310098036_KCAUH-M.png
"Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

Comments

• Options
    edited June 9, 2008
    selfish bump
    Yup that is correct this is a selfish bump................mwink.gif:D
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• Options
    edited June 10, 2008
    bump

• Options
    DavidTODavidTO Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 19,160 Major grins
    edited June 10, 2008
    Art,

Please.

Don't.

Trailing text is a low-brow approach to catching someone's attention. It's not good graphic design, just garish and overbearing. There's a really good reason that Photoshop doesn't have a trailing text button. deal.gif
    Moderator Emeritus
    Dgrin FAQ | Me | Workshops
  • Options
    jfriendjfriend Registered Users Posts: 8,097 Major grins
    edited June 10, 2008
    Art Scott wrote:
    I have a business card software that I can make trailing test with and I was wondering if this is possible with Photoshop 7 or CS (both which I have)

here is a screen shot of the text I was referring to.

310098036_KCAUH-M.png

Type "photoshop text effects" into Google and browse the results. This is the first link returned which has more than 200 different effects with text (all free):

http://www.photoshoproadmap.com/Photoshop-tutorials/Text-effects/Most-popular/1/

There are lots of other interesting links to choose from in the search results too. I agree with David that you can find something that looks a lot classier than what you were using.
    --John
    HomepagePopular
    JFriend's javascript customizationsSecrets for getting fast answers on Dgrin
    Always include a link to your site when posting a question
  • Options
    edited June 10, 2008
    jfriend wrote:
    Type "photoshop text effects" into Google and browse the results. This is the first link returned which has more than 200 different effects with text (all free):

http://www.photoshoproadmap.com/Photoshop-tutorials/Text-effects/Most-popular/1/

Thanks David and Jeff for your sharing your Wisdom on this matter.......

There are lots of other interesting links to choose from in the search results too. I agree with David that you can find something that looks a lot classier than what you were using.

I had googled every phrase that I could think of that included
    photoshop and text and i never thought to put in effects.........

I used my photo b-card as it was the easiest to change over due to font size and all....the need for trailing text is for use on energy healing b-cards for a group of REIKI Practitioners.... it is the only font style that can resemble something moving that my software has....... so not for photo business..... and I just wanted to do everything in PS ...... it is such powerful tool and good for a lot more than just PP'ing photos......and since I lost pagemake 7 in a drive crash I am trying to intergrate all of my work into PS as much as possible.
    Sorry for the RAMBLE........

Again a great many thanks.

• Options
    jwwjww Registered Users Posts: 449 Major grins
    edited June 11, 2008
    Art Scott wrote:
    I had googled every phrase that I could think of that included
    photoshop and text and i never thought to put in effects.........

Not that I like the use of this type of text, but it could be replicated by making a text layer, cloning the layer, and on the new upper layer, resizing the text a bit larger and repeat till dizzy. Just change the colors a bit on each of the underlying layers accordingly to suit.. ..by doing it this way you could move the layers around a bit to have it "pointing down" as shown in your example, to the right or left, or even in a sort of floaty circle fashion.

You might try reducing the opacity of each layer (like 10% or so) working from the front to the back to fade it out a bit which is a bit different than the example as well as limit the amount of layers for legibilty. ..and maybe consider going for a less harsh color scheme (like blue or aqua) so as not to induce shock in the viewer. ...which considering their profession, probably not the desired effect. mwink.gif
  • Options
    edited June 11, 2008
    jww wrote:
    Not that I like the use of this type of text, but it could be replicated by making a text layer, cloning the layer, and on the new upper layer, resizing the text a bit larger and repeat till dizzy. Just change the colors a bit on each of the underlying layers accordingly to suit.. ..by doing it this way you could move the layers around a bit to have it "pointing down" as shown in your example, to the right or left, or even in a sort of floaty circle fashion.

You might try reducing the opacity of each layer (like 10% or so) working from the front to the back to fade it out a bit which is a bit different than the example as well as limit the amount of layers for legibilty. ..and maybe consider going for a less harsh color scheme (like blue or aqua) so as not to induce shock in the viewer. ...which considering their profession, probably not the desired effect. mwink.gif

Thanks....

I think for now I will just keep the b-card software to uwe with this one style......I was just trying to cut down on software to use and it is only Spiritual Energy healers that like this type of text...... some of them also like the wavy text.....so when they order they will do trailing text once and then wavy text next........

Thanx everyone.....I appreciate the help.............