Options

Question about ordering...

Mike LaneMike Lane Registered Users Posts: 7,106 Major grins
edited March 31, 2005 in SmugMug Support
I wanted to just check out the site to make sure my pricing was all set up correctly. So I logged out and then went to my site (www.mikelanephotography.com) and clicked on a gallery and clicked on add to cart under a random picture. I was taken to the page that said if I wanted to skip that page to feed my computer a "delicious cookie". After the timer ran out and the page automatically refreshed, I clicked on the view cart button and it said that my cart was empty. I thought it may have something to do with my cookie settings so I went in to the options and checked them and it turns out that I have it set to accept all cookies (I'm using firefox 1.02 by the way) but just in case I added www.mikelanephotography.com and www.smugmug.com to my allowed list and tried the whole process over again and got the same result. When I try to add pictures to my cart it appears to work but then when I check the cart, it doesn't work.

On the other hand, when I am logged in I can put images in the cart and they show up there. So does that mean that you have to have an account to add pictures to your cart? I seem to remember being logged out before and testing the add to cart system and not having a problem. Am I going nuts here or what?

What I was really trying to test was my ability to prevent a single picture from being sold. I have a couple of panoramas that I stitched together and I wanted to prevent people from buying them since they wouldn't be able to order panoramics anyhow. To my shagrin, it didn't seem like I was able to prevent single images from being printed. Of course, I wasn't able to test it out when I put 0.00 in as the cost in the pro pricing page. Am I on the right track with that?

Thanks,
Mike
Y'all don't want to hear me, you just want to dance.

http://photos.mikelanestudios.com/

Comments

• Options
    edited March 30, 2005
    Update: I got the same result with ie by the way.

Mike

Update 2: Even when I'm logged in, I'm having trouble adding pictures to my cart from any other smugmug account. I am accessing via a hotel wi-fi so that may have something to do with it but I don't know why it would. Is there something going on with Smugmug, or is it just me?

• Options
    GatorGator Registered Users Posts: 192 Major grins
    edited March 30, 2005
    It happens to me as well. I also am having trouble with adding new categories. Now, I was able to do it before the changes were made and the control panel was added. But, for some reason it isn't updating them now. I enter the name of the new category, click add and it never shows up. ne_nau.gif Any ideas as to what's up?headscratch.gif
  • Options
    {JT}{JT} Registered Users Posts: 1,016 Major grins
    edited March 30, 2005
    Ok - the shopping cart problem is a bug that is on our end, the fix should be out today for it though. It is a very rare bug though, so not a lot of people were affected by it.

As for adding Categories, I just went and was able to add about 5 of them. Is it working for you now?
  • Options
    edited March 30, 2005
    {JT} wrote:
    Ok - the shopping cart problem is a bug that is on our end, the fix should be out today for it though. It is a very rare bug though, so not a lot of people were affected by it.

As for adding Categories, I just went and was able to add about 5 of them. Is it working for you now?
    If there's anything bad a person can say about smugmug (which I can't think of anything too bad to say) it certainly isn't about the customer service. You guys rule.:D:):mwink.gifclap.giflustthumb.gif

• Options
    dashphotographydashphotography Registered Users Posts: 46 Big grins
    edited March 30, 2005
    I had this same problem last week!!!
    I had some parents looking to buy some pictures and I encountered this same problem last week. I tried to add pics to my cart several times but could not. Support told me that it could be my browser settings and to clear my cache. I did this and it appeared to fix the problem.

However now seeing that this is a bug. It's a shame that I lost out on the opportunity to sell the pictures. I see that they were never ordered by the parents! I'm new and don't have much sales to date and I see that my total never changed. I will have to contact them back because they may not have been able to fix the problem they had and possibly gave up trying to order online.

I hope this bug gets fixed very soon!

Shawn.
  • Options
    edited March 30, 2005
    Usually (99% of the time) this bug only affected the gallery owner - so don't worry about that. As I said, it should be fixed today, everyone who emailed us with the problem we have explained how to work around it.
    I had some parents looking to buy some pictures and I encountered this same problem last week. I tried to add pics to my cart several times but could not. Support told me that it could be my browser settings and to clear my cache. I did this and it appeared to fix the problem.

However now seeing that this is a bug. It's a shame that I lost out on the opportunity to sell the pictures. I see that they were never ordered by the parents! I'm new and don't have much sales to date and I see that my total never changed. I will have to contact them back because they may not have been able to fix the problem they had and possibly gave up trying to order online.

I hope this bug gets fixed very soon!

Shawn.
  • Options
    edited March 31, 2005
    {JT} wrote:
    Usually (99% of the time) this bug only affected the gallery owner - so don't worry about that. As I said, it should be fixed today, everyone who emailed us with the problem we have explained how to work around it.
    Okay for a little bit it seemed like everything was fixed. I added a couple of things to the cart just to make sure it worked and it did.

But now it appears to be broken again. I just tried to add a couple of things to the cart and it didn't work.

Help...

Just to see if it was just me, I tried to add an image from dashphotography to my cart and that didn't work either.

Mike

• Options
    edited March 31, 2005
    I just tested and it worked fine for me. What gallery are you testing?
    Mike Lane wrote:
    Okay for a little bit it seemed like everything was fixed. I added a couple of things to the cart just to make sure it worked and it did.

But now it appears to be broken again. I just tried to add a couple of things to the cart and it didn't work.

Help...

Just to see if it was just me, I tried to add an image from dashphotography to my cart and that didn't work either.

Mike
  • Options
    GatorGator Registered Users Posts: 192 Major grins
    edited March 31, 2005
    Sorry JT, I just got back to this thread and yes it was fine a couple of hours after my last attempt yesterday. You guys rock! thumb.gif

{JT} wrote:

• Options
    edited March 31, 2005
    {JT} wrote:
    I just tested and it worked fine for me. What gallery are you testing?
    Well what do you know, now it's working. Just in case you're wondering, I haven't touched any settings or even closed my browser window since I tried last night.

Just in case it matters.

• Options
    dashphotographydashphotography Registered Users Posts: 46 Big grins
    edited March 31, 2005
    I just tried it and it's working okay for me.
    Mike:

Thanks for checking my cart for me. I just tried it and it is working okay. It does make me a little nervous and I will just have to remember to test it myself every so often to make sure it is okay and I'm not loosing any revenue :)

Thanks again.

Shawn.