edited June 1, 2008
    Fresh from the oven it is! hot hot!!
    Food & Culture.
    www.tednghiem.com
  • Options
    cmasoncmason Registered Users Posts: 2,506 Major grins
    edited June 1, 2008
    Oh good, the fabric is back, that last set had me worried! rolleyes1.gif

Love it, would love to see her face clearly as well, nice job!
  • Options
    NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited June 2, 2008
    Fresh from the oven it is! hot hot!!
    She is, ain't she:-)? mwink.gifrolleyes1.gif
    "May the f/stop be with you!"
  • Options
    edited June 2, 2008
    cmason wrote:
    Oh good, the fabric is back, that last set had me worried! rolleyes1.gif

Love it, would love to see her face clearly as well, nice job!
    Thanks! thumb.gif
    Laughing.gif :-) Yeah, the fabric is still here, I'm going to use it for a while since I paid some nice $$ for it mwink.gif
    More of here is coming, I simply need a bit more time for culling and post-processing.. deal.gif
  • Options
    Kevin GKevin G Registered Users Posts: 34 Big grins
    edited June 2, 2008
    Nikolai wrote:
    Thanks! thumb.gif
    Laughing.gif :-) Yeah, the fabric is still here, I'm going to use it for a while since I paid some nice $$ for it mwink.gif
    More of here is coming, I simply need a bit more time for culling and post-processing.. deal.gif

You need a light in front to light her face--either that or completely make it a silhouette.
  • Options
    edited June 2, 2008
    Kevin G wrote:
    You need a light in front to light her face--either that or completely make it a silhouette.
    Thank you for your suggestion, but I kinda like the way she is now mwink.gif
  • Options
    TangoTango Registered Users Posts: 4,592 Major grins
    edited June 2, 2008
    last time i saw a pic of this lighting equipment i did not care for the subject....
    you are doing better now
    Aaron Nelson
  • Options
    edited June 2, 2008
    last time i saw a pic of this lighting equipment i did not care for the subject....
    you are doing better now
    Laughing.gif
    I guess everybody would choose a pikcha of a 5'4" 90lbs pretty young girl over 6'2" 200lbs ugly old guy, wont' they? mwink.gifrolleyes1.gif
  • Options
    edited June 2, 2008
    rolleyes1.gif and im glad you were fully clothed:D
    Aaron Nelson
  • Options
    edited June 2, 2008
    pretty cool setup for these shots...very creative
    Aaron Nelson
  • Options
    edited June 2, 2008
    pretty cool setup for these shots...very creative
    Thanks man! thumb.gif
    I wanted to do something like that for a long time.
  • Options
    edited June 2, 2008
    rolleyes1.gif and im glad you were fully clothed:D
    Laughing.gif:-) rolleyes1.gif
    So was she, btw, even though she may not look that way mwink.gif
  • Options
    Moogle PepperMoogle Pepper Registered Users Posts: 2,950 Major grins
    edited June 2, 2008
    Nikolai wrote:
    Laughing.gif
    I guess everybody would choose a pikcha of a 5'4" 90lbs pretty young girl over 6'2" 200lbs ugly old guy, wont' they? mwink.gifrolleyes1.gif

Yes. mwink.gif
    Food & Culture.
    www.tednghiem.com
  • Options
    cmorganphotographycmorganphotography Registered Users Posts: 980 Major grins
    edited June 12, 2008
    I heart fabrics. You heart fabrics. You are so much better at lighting than me! Are you shooting from home or do you have studio?
  • Options
    edited June 13, 2008
    I heart fabrics. You heart fabrics. You are so much better at lighting than me! Are you shooting from home or do you have studio?
    Thanks! thumb.gif

It's my home studio lol3.gif, 22 ft long and 22 ft ceiling (in its highest point) former living room.

Here's one of the early shots of it:

268979381_cgZxr-L.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 13, 2008
    Good! I'm assembling a small studio in my third bedroom... so it can be done and there are three windows in there. You gave me some food for thought on what I can do with them!!! Thanks!
  • Options
    edited June 13, 2008
    Good! I'm assembling a small studio in my third bedroom... so it can be done and there are three windows in there. You gave me some food for thought on what I can do with them!!! Thanks!
    Awesome! Good luck and let us know how it turns out! thumb.gif I hope the windows are looking North:-) mwink.gif
  • Options
    edited June 13, 2008
    Nikolai wrote:
    Awesome! Good luck and let us know how it turns out! thumb.gif I hope the windows are looking North:-) mwink.gif
    :cry :cry :cry East and South. Should I cry now?????????
    I'm uber super excited about a theme I saw today. Let me know what you think: Kung Fu Nurses a-Go-Go. [I don't do nude/erotica shoots] and I was totally thinking to spin it a Kill Bill angle. What do you think? I just can't wrap my mind about the setting. I don't like hospitals... deathly afraid of them. Dunno.
  • Options
    edited June 13, 2008
    :cry :cry :cry East and South. Should I cry now?????????
    No, not necessarily. Just put a double layer of a white fabrics over them, hopefully with some distance between them (like one outside, one inside), and you can use them as a nice natural diffusers. The only problem the light would change relatively fast, so you'd have to keep your ligth meter handy and check it often.
    I'm uber super excited about a theme I saw today. Let me know what you think: Kung Fu Nurses a-Go-Go. [I don't do nude/erotica shoots] and I was totally thinking to spin it a Kill Bill angle. What do you think? I just can't wrap my mind about the setting. I don't like hospitals... deathly afraid of them. Dunno.
    I think I know what you're talking about, but I don't think I can elaborate on it. Not my stuff...ne_nau.gif
  • Options
    edited June 13, 2008
    Nikolai wrote:
    No, not necessarily. Just put a double layer of a white fabrics over them, hopefully with some distance between them (like one outside, one inside), and you can use them as a nice natural diffusers. The only problem the light would change relatively fast, so you'd have to keep your ligth meter handy and check it often.

I think I know what you're talking about, but I don't think I can elaborate on it. Not my stuff...ne_nau.gif

Not the original idea from whence it came but more of an old school ninja/kung fu film. Only with nurses and some zombies.

Like Shaun of the Dead meets Lady SnowBlood meets ER.