Options

2 Q's - Passwords and Setting up a links page

jonnypbjonnypb Registered Users Posts: 31 Big grins
edited June 14, 2008 in SmugMug Support
Hi,

1. I have a 'Family' category with several galleries in it. I have put a password on each gallery within the 'Family' category but is it possible to put the password on the 'Family' category rather than each individual gallery so that people only have to enter the password once?

Link here so that you can see what I mean

2. I'd like to set up a links page with links to my favourite websites but am unsure of how to best go about it as I can only seem to see how to setup galleries. Is it possile to have a blank webpage on with links to websites with a short description as to what each one is?

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,275 moderator
    edited June 13, 2008
    jonnypb wrote:
    Hi,

1. I have a 'Family' category with several galleries in it. I have put a password on each gallery within the 'Family' category but is it possible to put the password on the 'Family' category rather than each individual gallery so that people only have to enter the password once?

Link here so that you can see what I mean

2. I'd like to set up a links page with links to my favourite websites but am unsure of how to best go about it as I can only seem to see how to setup galleries. Is it possile to have a blank webpage on with links to websites with a short description as to what each one is?

Thanks
    You can only set passwords at a gallery level - but if you put the same password on all of the galleries within your Family category then the viewer will only be asked to enter it once.

You can create a links page by creating an html-only gallery. No photos, and you put your links in the gallery description. See # 41 in the customization FAQ at http://www.smugmug.com/help/customize-faq.

Or if you had some photos you wanted to pair with your links, you could create a journal-style gallery and put your links in the photo descriptions.

If you'd like to see some examples, you can look at these pages on my site: --- Denise
  • Options
    jonnypbjonnypb Registered Users Posts: 31 Big grins
    edited June 13, 2008
    cheers i'll have a look

thanks

Figured out how to do that now and put a few basics links up

To jazz it up a bit and make it look not so bland I presume I'm going to have to learn some basic html :-( Anyone got any tips to jazz the links page up a bit or some good websites that will teach me some basic html

Thanks

argh just found this

http://www.smugmug.com/help/html-help

should keep me going 4 a while!
  • Options
    AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,013 Major grins
    edited June 14, 2008
    jonnypb wrote:
    cheers i'll have a look

thanks

Figured out how to do that now and put a few basics links up

To jazz it up a bit and make it look not so bland I presume I'm going to have to learn some basic html :-( Anyone got any tips to jazz the links page up a bit or some good websites that will teach me some basic html

Thanks

argh just found this

http://www.smugmug.com/help/html-help

should keep me going 4 a while!
    Maybe this page will help.
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog