Options

make pics the same size

joshhuntnmjoshhuntnm Registered Users Posts: 1,924 Major grins
edited June 13, 2008 in Finishing School
I am working on a little project--see below. i want the pictures in oppoiste corners to be exactly the same size. How do i do that?

Also, is there a way to make borders around the pictures?

312626375_qfidY-L.jpg

Comments

• Options
    SloYerRollSloYerRoll Registered Users Posts: 2,788 Major grins
    edited June 13, 2008
    The same size meaning pixel values?
    What software are you using?
  • Options
    edited June 13, 2008
    SloYerRoll wrote:
    The same size meaning pixel values?
    What software are you using?

CS3.

the final output is a 10 X 10 inch square. I drug four pictures onto the 10 x 10 black picture. I want them to appear to be 4 X 6s or ther abouts.
  • Options
    edited June 13, 2008
    never mind; I worked it out. I changed the size to 4 X 6 before I drug them in. presto, problem solved.
  • Options
    jfriendjfriend Registered Users Posts: 8,097 Major grins
    edited June 13, 2008
    joshhuntnm wrote:
    CS3.

the final output is a 10 X 10 inch square. I drug four pictures onto the 10 x 10 black picture. I want them to appear to be 4 X 6s or ther abouts.

Assuming each picture is in a separate CS3 layer, all you need to do is to select the layer with the picture that you want to resize and select the tool that looks like an arrow (the top one in the toolbar). Then, look in the toolbar under the menus and make sure that [X] Show Transform Controls is selected. When it is, you will have handles on the corner of this layer and you can freely resize just that layer. If you grab a corner and hold the shift key down while dragging, it will preserve your aspect ratio by scaling both dimensions proportionally (which you presumably want to do).

You can also select any layer and then pick Edit/Transform/Scale and also get the handles on the layer.
    --John
    HomepagePopular
    JFriend's javascript customizationsSecrets for getting fast answers on Dgrin
    Always include a link to your site when posting a question