Options

Am I missing something?

joshhuntnmjoshhuntnm Registered Users Posts: 1,924 Major grins
edited June 16, 2008 in Finishing School
I have been using Photoshop Elements for organization for years, elements for basic editing, then use CS2 (now 3) for heavy lifting editing.

Elements (the organization side) has a real cool feature where you open a picture, then, when you go to save it, you can click a box that says, "save in version set with original." When you look at your pics in the organizer, it looks like one, but in fact, it has autimatically kept the original.

is there a way to do this kind of thing in Bridge?

Comments

• Options
    SloYerRollSloYerRoll Registered Users Posts: 2,788 Major grins
    edited June 16, 2008
    joshhuntnm wrote:
    "save in version set with original." When you look at your pics in the organizer, it looks like one, but in fact, it has autimatically kept the original.
    Can I ask why you would do something like that in the first place? Seems like opportunity for unnecessary confusion..ne_nau.gif
  • Options
    joshhuntnmjoshhuntnm Registered Users Posts: 1,924 Major grins
    edited June 16, 2008
    SloYerRoll wrote:
    Can I ask why you would do something like that in the first place? Seems like opportunity for unnecessary confusion..ne_nau.gif

it seems nice to me to have the edited file, but, just in case sometime in the future you want to edit again, it would be nice to be able to start from the original. but, I don't want my interface cluttered with all the version. I just want to see the final copy but know I have the original if I want to go back to it.

it is odd to me how elements has some features that are not in PS3. Two others (that I know of):

1) there is a "set color to skin tone" button. As with any color correction, it isn't perfect and sometimes needs some tweaking, but usually it is the skin tones I am most concerned with and it gets it pretty close--fast.

2) File / New / Image from clipboard. This is great, say, you find a picture on DGRIN you want to take a shot editing. It is not that complicated getting it into PS3, but it is easier in elements. You would think that the $600 program would have everything the $100 program has and a whole lot more. it does, of course, have a whole lot more, but it leaves out some things.

Oh, one other thing--a whole slow of creation tools--like creating flash photo pages and videos and cards and calendars and so forth.