Options

Holly & Adam E-Session (6/14/2008)

ShimaShima Registered Users Posts: 2,547 Major grins
edited June 16, 2008 in Weddings
I second shot for a more established photographer yesterday... so I'm not taking any claim for the poses, as I was merely capturing other angles of the stuff she was having them do... though the ring shots were all my own ideas as I did those while she did some more poses with them. Also my 100 f2.8 macro arrived Friday, so the ring shots were all taken with that :) Yay toys!

313411319_aRUFj-M.jpg

313413329_MWd4F-M.jpg

313410034_tXT7g-M.jpg

313411935_krnkH-M.jpg

313414276_UkMoR-M.jpg

313414159_M8o3Z-M.jpg

313415348_orgBc-M.jpg

313414857_P5f8y-M.jpg

More favorites here:
http://photos.cathoffman.com/gallery/5172850_AYyyH

Comments

• Options
    cmorganphotographycmorganphotography Registered Users Posts: 980 Major grins
    edited June 15, 2008
    The first one looks a little green. Her hair is kinda green and so is the skintone.
    #6 is FANTASTIC. It makes me think I can just pluck that ring right out of the picture.
    #2 is great because they look like they are in an egg!
  • Options
    adpaceadpace Registered Users Posts: 260 Major grins
    edited June 15, 2008
    Very nice set. The 1st one looks green to me too, but the rest are really cool... I love the ring shots... very nicely done!
  • Options
    Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
    edited June 15, 2008
    This is a nice set and some creative ideas! To my eyes, not only does #1 look green, but so does #3.

Very nice work!
  • Options
    edited June 16, 2008
    I did a replace photo on #1, so it should no longer look so green now after my tweaking. Better now?

EDIT: also tweaked #3 as well to remove some green.

Thanks for all the great comments thus far :)
  • Options
    AgnieszkaAgnieszka Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,263 Major grins
    edited June 16, 2008
    Hi there.

I LOVE your ring shots. iloveyou.gif #6 is very creative & #7 is a catalog shot!!!

Not sure about the pose in #2, looks very "forced" & #8 (he's wearing a hat?? That's kind of a no-no for eng photos) headscratch.gif ... but you mentioned those were not your poses thumb.gif and I think I woudl have tried to take #5 in the shade ..., but that might be just me

Nice shots Shima! I'm sure the photographer was happy to have you come along!
  • Options
    AgnieszkaAgnieszka Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,263 Major grins
    edited June 16, 2008
    Shima wrote:
    Thanks for the feedback, the hat had to do w/ the fact that they were trying to get that farmer look... earlier while I was doing ring shots they took some photos holding a pitch fork and shovel too... haha

And yes #2 was veryyyyy posed. The guy was super uncooperative so the photog I was with kept having to pose them since he wasn't really going with the flow, he kept asking "are we done now?" obviously he wasn't a picture person, heh

How funny. Either I recently visited the photographer's blog, or somebody else just recently had the same idea ... but I swear I saw a photo like that not too long ago! rolleyes1.gif

Man, ugh ... that sucks. I always try to warm up a bit with the guy (as they usually wonder why the heck you need to have eng. photos) - haha, poor you! rolleyes1.gif
  • Options
    edited June 16, 2008
    Agnieszka wrote:
    How funny. Either I recently visited the photographer's blog, or somebody else just recently had the same idea ... but I swear I saw a photo like that not too long ago! rolleyes1.gif

Man, ugh ... that sucks. I always try to warm up a bit with the guy (as they usually wonder why the heck you need to have eng. photos) - haha, poor you! rolleyes1.gif

Well they're farmers, so that's where the shovel and pitch fork came from... as far as the tunnel goes though, silhouette photos seem to be getting pretty popular these days it seems...