Options

Help Firefox break a Guinness world record

SloYerRollSloYerRoll Registered Users Posts: 2,788 Major grins
edited June 26, 2008 in The Big Picture
We all love Firefox here. Let's help them break some records!

http://www.spreadfirefox.com/en-US/worldrecord/

Comments

• Options
    DoctorItDoctorIt Administrators Posts: 11,951 moderator
    edited May 28, 2008
    I pledge allegiance to the Firefox... lol3.gif
    Erik
    moderator of: The Flea Market [ guidelines ]

• Options
    Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited May 29, 2008
    DoctorIt wrote:
    I pledge allegiance to the Firefox... lol3.gif

MEEEE TOOOOOO!!!wings.gif
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• Options
    claudermilkclaudermilk Registered Users Posts: 2,756 Major grins
    edited May 29, 2008
    I'm predicting some spectacular server meltdowns. :D Should be fun.
  • Options
    edited May 29, 2008
    FF is planning on 1.6m in 24 hours.

Since Dgrin has allot of web savvy people. Let's help them meet or beat this.

I'd appreciate it if everyone that reads this post bookmarks this on their preferred social bookmarking application.

So, digg it, make it delicious, twitter away at it. Just get others seeing it :P
  • Options
    RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,937 moderator
    edited May 29, 2008
    Bah, humbug
    I have been using FF for years, and I am quite happy with it. But I am going to wait to hear real world bug reports before I install 3.0. The only software I use on day one is my own, and that's only because I have no choice. Grumble, grumble...:rutt
  • Options
    edited June 11, 2008
    Update:
    From CNET.com

If you were planning to host a Firefox 3 launch party this week, keep that bubbly on ice a bit longer.
    Mozilla is expected to release Firefox 3 Release Candidate 3 perhaps later today. Windows and Linux users won't feel a thing; the new browser is considered stable on those platforms.
    The extra release candidate addresses some lingering issues on the Mac OS X operating system. The changes will be internal.
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited June 11, 2008
    Firefox is the best browser.

http://www.inboxity.com/view.asp?id=542
  • Options
    edited June 11, 2008
    Richard wrote:
    I have been using FF for years, and I am quite happy with it. But I am going to wait to hear real world bug reports before I install 3.0. The only software I use on day one is my own, and that's only because I have no choice. Grumble, grumble...:rutt
    buk buk buk

Been using FF3 Betas and now the RC and no troubles :D
  • Options
    edited June 12, 2008
    Sounds like it's gonna be the 17th.

From Mozilla.
  • Options
    DoctorItDoctorIt Administrators Posts: 11,951 moderator
    edited June 17, 2008
    It's been June 17 for like 21 hours already, I'm about to go to bed. rolleyes1.gif
    Erik
    moderator of: The Flea Market [ guidelines ]

• Options
    cmasoncmason Registered Users Posts: 2,506 Major grins
    edited June 17, 2008
    DoctorIt wrote:
    It's been June 17 for like 21 hours already, I'm about to go to bed. rolleyes1.gif

Its scheduled for 10am Pacific Time....where Mozilla Foundation is located ne_nau.gif
  • Options
    HostVHostV Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
    edited June 17, 2008
    Firefox is the best browser ever made, I am going to help
  • Options
    edited June 17, 2008
    Got mine.... though I've been running the beta forever so not much difference here thumb.gif
  • Options
    edited June 17, 2008
    :lurk
  • Options
    edited June 17, 2008
    Richard wrote:
    :lurk
    nothing to really say, it's been working fine for me for months and months.
  • Options
    edited June 17, 2008
    Andy wrote:
    nothing to really say, it's been working fine for me for months and months.

Cool. I'm not surprised. I'm still going to wait a day or two, but I don't expect any problems.
  • Options
    jzieglerjziegler Registered Users Posts: 420 Major grins
    edited June 17, 2008
    Andy wrote:
    Got mine.... though I've been running the beta forever so not much difference here thumb.gif

The download site doesn't seem to be responding right now. But, the RC series has been working great for me for a while now. And, with a quick extension, it becomes a color managed application :)
  • Options
    edited June 17, 2008
    Richard wrote:
    Cool. I'm not surprised. I'm still going to wait a day or two, but I don't expect any problems.
    It works fine. BUt plug-in support is limited. Webdev tools and a few other vital things for my job have made me switch back to FF2.

I'm excited whenthey smooth everything out. A fast connection and FF is a match made in heaven :D
  • Options
    edited June 17, 2008
    Hmm,went to download, and clicked on the Firefox 3 icon, and got Firefox 2? WTF? Maybe wait till later, they are getting swamped.
  • Options
    edited June 17, 2008
    SloYerRoll wrote:
    Webdev tools

I've been using WebDev and Firebug for weeks and weeks (Months?)
  • Options
    edited June 17, 2008
    cmason wrote:
    Hmm,went to download, and clicked on the Firefox 3 icon, and got Firefox 2? WTF? Maybe wait till later, they are getting swamped.

That is what I thought....but I took a close look at the FF3 download pop up and it states that for windows it is (still) only 2.0.0.14........the about ff on my browser has been at 2.0.0.14 for a long time.......ne_nau.gif
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• Options
    edited June 17, 2008
    Art Scott wrote:
    That is what I thought....but I took a close look at the FF3 download pop up and it states that for windows it is (still) only 2.0.0.14........the about ff on my browser has been at 2.0.0.14 for a long time.......ne_nau.gif

Art,something wrong with that download site, i got the same thing, but I tried again just now and got FF3 as expected
  • Options
    edited June 17, 2008
    cmason wrote:
    Art,something wrong with that download site, i got the same thing, but I tried again just now and got FF3 as expected

Yeah.......I just re-ran it and the dl went perfectlythumb.gifthumb:ivarwings.gif so i is at 3.0 also.......but it said Smug browser isn't compatible :cry .......... Oh well

• Options
    edited June 17, 2008
    Andy wrote:
    I've been using WebDev and Firebug for weeks and weeks (Months?)
    I d/l it a few months ago and webdev didn't work for me..??ne_nau.gif

Happy to hear it works now at least!
  • Options
    DJ-S1DJ-S1 Registered Users Posts: 2,303 Major grins
    edited June 17, 2008
    I just snagged ff3 from download.com - can't wait to fire it up, I hear it screeeeams!thumb.gif
  • Options
    edited June 18, 2008
    Here's the running ticker..
    http://downloadcounter.sj.mozilla.com/
  • Options
    edited June 22, 2008
    Finally installed it. WebDev is fine. I did hit a weird bug caused by my Nvidia Quadro graphics card, but found a solution. If you find the shadow outline of menu boxes remaining on the screen after the boxes close, turn off taskbar transparency. Other that, seems a little faster and I think it is using less memory than 2.x. I haven't used the new features much.

Cheers,
  • Options
    PezpixPezpix Registered Users Posts: 391 Major grins
    edited June 22, 2008
    So far I'm loving FF3. So fast and nearly all my plug-ins are working. Cheeeeeee!
    Professional Ancient Smugmug Shutter Geek
    Master Of Sushi Noms
    Amateur CSS Dork
  • Options
    edited June 26, 2008
    Dgrin (vBulletin) seems to be a little flaky since I upgraded to 3.0. The cursor doesn't always show in the reply box and sometimes I have been unable to select text there or place a cursor where I want. If there's a pattern to it, I haven't been able to discover it. Anyone else notice this? I'm running on a Windows XP machine.