Options

Weddings...a Question

cdonovancdonovan Registered Users Posts: 724 Major grins
edited June 17, 2008 in Weddings
Have any of your photographed a same sex wedding?
Two gentleman have approached me to photography theirs. Any hints, tips or suggestions.

Comments

• Options
    Ann McRaeAnn McRae Registered Users Posts: 4,584 Major grins
    edited June 15, 2008
    cdonovan wrote:
    Have any of your photographed a same sex wedding?
    Two gentleman have approached me to photography theirs. Any hints, tips or suggestions.

I was a guest at a same sex (female) wedding (one of the couple worked for me). It was as beautiful as any wedding - small, low key but beautiful. I wasn't paid, but neither was the other photog (father of one of the couple). I don't really know what to say wrt what to expect, just to do your best and enjoy the occasion.

ann
  • Options
    Gary Peterson PhotographyGary Peterson Photography Registered Users Posts: 261 Major grins
    edited June 16, 2008
    Same Sex Wedding Ceremony
    I have shot a couple of them, and honestly, they are no different from any other wedding, as long as you do your homework before the ceremony. I believe that if you have a good and comprehensive consultation prior to the wedding, you will be best prepared to meet the needs of the couple and their guests.

I shot a lesbian couple a month or so ago, and it was one of the most satisfying bookings I have had. The couple and I spent a good amount of time prior to the ceremony shooting in various locations around town, and got a few laughs out of some of the reactions we got from passerbys.
    Gary Peterson
    Gary Peterson
    Award Winning Photographer
    garypetersonphoto@earthlink.net

Winner Brides Choice Award 2017
    Winner Best of Spokane 2016
    Winner Brides Choice Award 2016
    Winner Brides Choice Award 2015
    Winner Best of Spokane 2015
    Winner Wedding Wire Couples Choice Award 2014
    Winner Best Photographer 2013 Spokane A-List
    Winner Brides Choice Award 2013
    Winner Best of Spokane Northwest Inlander 2012
    Winner Best Photographer Best of KREM 2011
    Winner Best Photographer Best of KREM 2010
    Winner Brides Choice Award 2011
    Winner Brides Choice Award 2010

(509) 230-9785

www.actionsportsimages.smugmug.com

• Options
    cdonovancdonovan Registered Users Posts: 724 Major grins
    edited June 17, 2008
    Good lord, didn't proof read my first post...of course, photograph their wedding not photography itrolleyes1.gif

Thanks for the input folks, I'll take it to heart, it's also a family member, but willing/wanting to pay. I think you are right, sitting down and having a good discussion about their plan will be the best way to decide how comfortable I will feel being their photog. thumb.gifThanks again