Options

Whitney

rspartsrsparts Registered Users Posts: 217 Major grins
edited June 23, 2008 in People
My little sister wanted me to shoot some photos of her. Let me know what you think.

DSC_2217.jpg

DSC_2211.jpg

DSC_2197.jpg

DSC_2239.jpg

DSC_2260.jpg

DSC_2269.jpg

DSC_2291.jpg

DSC_2192.jpg

DSC_2177.jpg

Comments

• Options
    jayegirljayegirl Registered Users Posts: 276 Major grins
    edited June 20, 2008
    I like all of these. The only thing I can pick on is number 1. I like it but what is in the floor board? Can you clone it out or does it have meaning?
    I really like the ones in the car.
    Jaye
  • Options
    edited June 20, 2008
    jayegirl wrote:
    I like all of these. The only thing I can pick on is number 1. I like it but what is in the floor board? Can you clone it out or does it have meaning?
    I really like the ones in the car.

yeah I noticed that afterwards. It's a suntan lotion bottle. I don't know how to clone things out of photos. I have photoshop elements - can I use that?
  • Options
    ParksonParkson Registered Users Posts: 35 Big grins
    edited June 21, 2008
    My favorites are number 1 and number 9!!
    C. Rufo Photography:ivar
  • Options
    jayegirljayegirl Registered Users Posts: 276 Major grins
    edited June 21, 2008
    rsparts wrote:
    yeah I noticed that afterwards. It's a suntan lotion bottle. I don't know how to clone things out of photos. I have photoshop elements - can I use that?

Yes, you can use elements.

Its still a great photo!
    Jaye
  • Options
    1pocket1pocket Registered Users Posts: 298 Major grins
    edited June 21, 2008
    I like numbers 1 and 6 best. I agree with the earlier poster that cloning out the white distraction on the floor of the car would be good.

What I like about both of these are the interplay of curves and especially angles -- between her legs and the car in #1 and arms/legs and the architecture in #6. #1 might have a little blown out highlites to knock it a bit, and her left arm could be more artisticly placed, but nice start -- hopefully she is pleased enough to encourage some more, either with her or friends...
    My humble gallery...
    www.steveboothphotography.com

Pool/Billiards specific...
    www.poolinaction.com
  • Options
    adpaceadpace Registered Users Posts: 260 Major grins
    edited June 21, 2008
    Very nice job on these! I bet she loves them!
  • Options
    edited June 21, 2008
    adpace wrote:
    Very nice job on these! I bet she loves them!

Funny thing is, she hasn't even seen them yet. She's living at her fiance's house and he doesn't have internet. She says she's going nuts and that she's dying to see them.
  • Options
    saurorasaurora Registered Users Posts: 4,320 Major grins
    edited June 21, 2008
    Nice variety! My favorite of the set is number 1. I like the composition and the lines of the windows. (I'm wondering how it would look to color the exterior of the car to match the interior?) I also like that she is looking at the camera. Her eyes in the other shots are a little too harshly turned. Great location, I like the iron gate and the steps. The gate is interesting, but not too distracting. I don't care for the gate in front of her in #5, it doesn't add much to the shot there. I also like how her dress matches the upholstery in the car. I don't know if that was intentional or not, but it's nice that it another color didn't detract from the vintage upholstery of the car. Over all I think she will love these.
  • Options
    anwmn1anwmn1 Registered Users Posts: 3,469 Major grins
    edited June 21, 2008
    I like the forst one and the last one the most. Very cool. thumb.gif

Who has the cool old car??
    "The Journey of life is as much in oneself as the roads one travels"

Aaron Newman

Facebook: Capturing Light and Emotion
  • Options
    edited June 21, 2008
    anwmn1 wrote:
    I like the forst one and the last one the most. Very cool. thumb.gif

Who has the cool old car??

It's my dad's old 1966 Impala SS. The car is in pristine condition and I had to push it out into the driveway when he wasn't home. He'd kill me if he knew I took it out of the garage - mwink.gif
  • Options
    hamsterhamster Registered Users Posts: 361 Major grins
    edited June 22, 2008
    I was going to ask, is that an Impala, but you answered. We have a 67 - I should be using it for photos.

I really like this set, and the PP - you did a good job.
  • Options
    edited June 22, 2008
    hamster wrote:
    I was going to ask, is that an Impala, but you answered. We have a 67 - I should be using it for photos.

I really like this set, and the PP - you did a good job.

Thanks very much. It's dad's pride and joy. He had a 68 Mustang that he had restored to completeness - that car was amazing but he sold it about a year ago. I'd loved to have gotten some shots in that thing.
  • Options
    zoomerzoomer Registered Users Posts: 3,688 Major grins
    edited June 22, 2008
    Nice creative shots. Bet she was very happy with these.
    Keep up the good work....a few incosistencies in lighting but considering the lighting conditions...to be expected.
    Nice work...composition is first rate.
  • Options
    evorywareevoryware Registered Users Posts: 1,330 Major grins
    edited June 22, 2008
    All these shots are nice. My faves are 1, 3, and 2 in that order. thumb.gif
    Canon 40D : Canon 400D : Canon Elan 7NE : Canon 580EX : 2 x Canon 430EX : Canon 24-70 f2.8L : Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L USM : Canon 28-135mm f/3.5 IS : 18-55mm f/3.5 : 4GB Sandisk Extreme III : 2GB Sandisk Extreme III : 2 x 1GB Sandisk Ultra II : Sekonik L358

dak.smugmug.com
  • Options
    edited June 23, 2008
    evoryware wrote:
    All these shots are nice. My faves are 1, 3, and 2 in that order. thumb.gif

those are my favorites too, in that order
  • Options
    beetle8beetle8 Registered Users Posts: 677 Major grins
    edited June 23, 2008
    I too like #1 the best and I agree that it probably cause she's looking at the camera. The framing with the window is also super cool. I love the coordination with the outfit and the car interior.