Options

A quick trip to Carolina Beach

bmcfotobmcfoto Registered Users Posts: 9 Beginner grinner
edited June 24, 2008 in Journeys
We took a short family trip to Carolina Beach last week. The weather was nearly perfect

317126773_dbf5E-M.jpg

and I managed to capture a little of the local colors (which is what I love most about the beach)

317121473_yBtY9-L.jpg

317159806_tEpPn-L.jpg

I was trying to really pop the colors...so I played around with my settings on the D80

317144351_HNKUM-M.jpg

I also peeled it back some to get this more muted (but vivid) shot of my daughter on the boardwalk

317123611_hmQ86-L.jpg

We took a ride on the Ferry (there's a great ferry system on the NC Coast that crisscrosses back and forth and you can cover quite a bit of coastline and the outerbanks). We just went to Southport (a 40 minute trip) for lunch at the marina there

317165294_r54yU-L.jpg

My wife expescially likes the beach at Fort Fischer (because she can bring the dogs with us). Here she is with Rosie (who's about 8 months old now)

317154794_qQKoN-M.jpg

All in all we had a great, relaxing time. It was nice to get away from the hustle and bustle and Carolina Beach is just great. Sorry the text is so cheezy...but wanted to try posting here for the first time and this is the best I could come up with while not catching up on the work I didn't do while vacationing last week.

Any comments/critiques are appreciated. You can check out the rest of my (nascent) site at www.bmcfoto.com. Thanks.

A parting shot

319146821_6LZGk-L.jpg

Comments

• Options
    edited June 24, 2008
    Well...apparently I didn't do that right...
    Can someone please tell me what I did wrong. I used the "insert image" button and pasted in the urls from my smugmug hosted website.

I noticed I could only see the placeholders in the preview...but hoped they would actually pull the photos in when I posted.

Apparently not.
  • Options
    cmasoncmason Registered Users Posts: 2,506 Major grins
    edited June 24, 2008
    bmcfoto wrote:
    Can someone please tell me what I did wrong. I used the "insert image" button and pasted in the urls from my smugmug hosted website.

I noticed I could only see the placeholders in the preview...but hoped they would actually pull the photos in when I posted.

Apparently not.

make sure you have sharing turned on
  • Options
    edited June 24, 2008
    Thanks...found a how to in another forum and fixed
    cmason wrote:
    make sure you have sharing turned on

Appreciate your help. Should be good now.