Options

Photos not printing actual size

GJMPhotoGJMPhoto Registered Users Posts: 372 Major grins
edited June 25, 2008 in Finishing School
I asked this here before, but it happened again...so I'm asking again:

I have an Epson P2200 printer...I'm running Windows XP with PS CS3.

I crop and resize an image to 8x10 at 360 DPI, then print it onto 8.5x11 paper. I do not resize to fit media...I do not center in page. I choose 14400 Printing resolution (an even multiple of 360) and turn off all options.

My print comes out somewhere between 9 3/4" to 9 7/8" wide! The 8" side is pretty much right on.

Has anyone had a similar problem???

- Gary.

Comments

• Options
    jfriendjfriend Registered Users Posts: 8,097 Major grins
    edited June 23, 2008
    GJMPhoto wrote:
    I asked this here before, but it happened again...so I'm asking again:

I have an Epson P2200 printer...I'm running Windows XP with PS CS3.

I crop and resize an image to 8x10 at 360 DPI, then print it onto 8.5x11 paper. I do not resize to fit media...I do not center in page. I choose 14400 Printing resolution (an even multiple of 360) and turn off all options.

My print comes out somewhere between 9 3/4" to 9 7/8" wide! The 8" side is pretty much right on.

Has anyone had a similar problem???

- Gary.

Can you post a link to the image you are printing? My guess is that your image is not an exact 8x10 aspect ratio, but that's just a wild guess.
    --John
    HomepagePopular
    JFriend's javascript customizationsSecrets for getting fast answers on Dgrin
    Always include a link to your site when posting a question
  • Options
    GJMPhotoGJMPhoto Registered Users Posts: 372 Major grins
    edited June 25, 2008
    Cropping
    jfriend wrote:
    Can you post a link to the image you are printing? My guess is that your image is not an exact 8x10 aspect ratio, but that's just a wild guess.
    It's not online...but regardless, I use the crop tool, set to 8 x 10 and crop the image...if you then go into Image Size, you can confirm the size of the resulting image IS 8x10...then print and it's not!