Options

Pro pricing on cards?

JanelleJanelle Registered Users Posts: 104 Major grins
I am so excited about the new holiday card feature, but can't figure out how to up-price them for a profit. Is that possible? I've searched under the pro-pricing tool. Am I missing something?

Comments

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited November 16, 2007
    HI, it's for gallery owners only at this time, thanks thumb.gif

http://www.smugmug.com/help/photo-greeting-cards
  • Options
    magicpicmagicpic Registered Users Posts: 527 Major grins
    edited November 17, 2007
    Andy wrote:
    HI, it's for gallery owners only at this time, thanks thumb.gif

http://www.smugmug.com/help/photo-greeting-cards

so do you mean that we are the only ones that can make the card so the customer can not make their own card and we can not price it in our shopping cart...trying to understand...janis
    (2) Canon 20d, (1) canon 30d, 70-200is 2.8, tamron 17-50,canon 50mm 1.4
    http://www.photographybywidget.com
  • Options
    ivarivar Registered Users Posts: 8,395 Major grins
    edited November 17, 2007
    magicpic wrote:
    so do you mean that we are the only ones that can make the card so the customer can not make their own card and we can not price it in our shopping cart...trying to understand...janis
    You can make the cards, your customer can not.

You can make the cards available for purchase, and you can set a price. Give it a try, make a card, and you'll see what happens thumb.gif
  • Options
    AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,011 Major grins
    edited November 17, 2007
    ivar wrote:

You can make the cards available for purchase, and you can set a price. Give it a try, make a card, and you'll see what happens thumb.gif
    Looks like at the moment only you can order cards logged in. They are not
    available logged out.
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • Options
    ArchangelArchangel Registered Users Posts: 38 Big grins
    edited November 17, 2007
    YAY! clap.gif I am so excited about this!!! But still a little confused.

I made a card for a customer and it says it's $12.95 for 20 cards. So there is no way to mark them up right? We just tell the customer they are $XX plus shipping...WE order them and have them ship direct right???

Jeanne
    Photosbyjeanne.com
  • Options
    bwgbwg Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,119 SmugMug Employee
    edited November 17, 2007
    ivar wrote:

This is not correct. Cards are available only for you, for your photos at this time. They are not available for sale to non-smugmug subscribers.
    Pedal faster
  • Options
    bwgbwg Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,119 SmugMug Employee
    edited November 17, 2007
    Archangel wrote:
    YAY! clap.gif I am so excited about this!!! But still a little confused.

I made a card for a customer and it says it's $12.95 for 20 cards. So there is no way to mark them up right? We just tell the customer they are $XX plus shipping...WE order them and have them ship direct right???

Jeanne
    Photosbyjeanne.com
    Correct, this is the only way to sell cards to your customers at this time.
    Pedal faster
  • Options
    girouardphotographygirouardphotography Registered Users Posts: 55 Big grins
    edited November 17, 2007
    We are getting closer.clap.gif
    I will probably use the Google shopping cart.
  • Options
    TomiGirlTomiGirl Registered Users Posts: 11 Big grins
    edited November 18, 2007
    So how do you do that?
    We are getting closer.clap.gif
    I will probably use the Google shopping cart.

How do you use a google shopping cart? I have a paypal account can I set that up?
    Thanks ~ Tomi
    Shootin' & Shop'in , ~Tomi :rambo
    http://www.tomiearl.com
  • Options
    TomiGirlTomiGirl Registered Users Posts: 11 Big grins
    edited November 18, 2007
    Why??
    bigwebguy wrote:
    This is not correct. Cards are available only for you, for your photos at this time. They are not available for sale to non-smugmug subscribers.

I can understand why for reg smug muggers this would be the case but for Pro Smuggers why is that? That would be a HUGE profit maker for the portrait photographers and for smug-mug. Is there any way around this? How can my clients see the card options online? Can I link it somehow?headscratch.gif

Thanks all!
    Shootin' & Shop'in , ~Tomi :rambo
    http://www.tomiearl.com
  • Options
    edited November 18, 2007
    TomiGirl wrote:
    I can understand why for reg smug muggers this would be the case but for Pro Smuggers why is that? That would be a HUGE profit maker for the portrait photographers and for smug-mug. Is there any way around this? How can my clients see the card options online? Can I link it somehow?headscratch.gif

Thanks all!
    It is not available for clients to order, we're very sorry. We hope to have this at somepoint.

Enjoy the cards.

You can make your own gallery of sample cards, and show your clients your amazing work on cards. Then sell them however you like :) You can also link to cards.smugmug.com if you wish.
  • Options
    edited November 18, 2007
    TomiGirl wrote:

Thanks all!
    Standby I'll have a custom solution for you soon, tonight deal.gif
  • Options
    edited November 18, 2007
    Andy wrote:
    Standby I'll have a custom solution for you soon, tonight deal.gif

As promised, http://www.moonriverphotography.com/gallery/3848373

You can easily pimp your own cards deal.gif Just make a gallery and then put in some easy code from the payment provider you already probably use (you don't have one?!!!). I prefer Google Checkout, but Paypal or even your merchant account will do.
  • Options
    ArchangelArchangel Registered Users Posts: 38 Big grins
    edited November 18, 2007
    Another question. I made 3 sample cards for my customer. I sent her an e-mail with the marked up pricing and small, watermarked samples of the cards. She loved them and wants to order...BUT...she wants a quantity of 30 only. Any way to get around this? I am just not having any luck lately and am beyond frustrated! headscratch.gif

Jeanne
    Photosbyjeanne.com
  • Options
    edited November 18, 2007
    Archangel wrote:
    Another question. I made 3 sample cards for my customer. I sent her an e-mail with the marked up pricing and small, watermarked samples of the cards. She loved them and wants to order...BUT...she wants a quantity of 30 only. Any way to get around this? I am just not having any luck lately and am beyond frustrated! headscratch.gif

Jeanne
    Photosbyjeanne.com
    I'm really sorry, we have quanities of 20, 50 or 100.
  • Options
    GJMPhotoGJMPhoto Registered Users Posts: 372 Major grins
    edited November 19, 2007
    Problem getting card menus
    Folks:

When I click on 'Create a Card', I get a dialog - looks like a flash is loading - and I get a tab at the bottom 'Cards' ... and that's it. No Category pull down menu as per the help file.

Any ideas????

- Gary.
  • Options
    edited November 19, 2007
    GJMPhoto wrote:
    Folks:

When I click on 'Create a Card', I get a dialog - looks like a flash is loading - and I get a tab at the bottom 'Cards' ... and that's it. No Category pull down menu as per the help file.

Any ideas????

- Gary.
    I know you are sorted but for anyone else out there:

It's a problem with custom domains. When in the card maker, simply change www.yourcustomdomain.com/blahblahblah to www.smugmug.com/blahblahblah and you'll be able to make the card just fine.

We're working on this, stay tuned.
  • Options
    bkatzbkatz Registered Users Posts: 286 Major grins
    edited November 19, 2007
    Very cool
    Andy wrote:

You can easily pimp your own cards deal.gif Just make a gallery and then put in some easy code from the payment provider you already probably use (you don't have one?!!!). I prefer Google Checkout, but Paypal or even your merchant account will do.

Andy -

This is great - I like the way you did this.bowdown.gif
  • Options
    djspinner2kdjspinner2k Registered Users Posts: 127 Major grins
    edited November 19, 2007
    Andy wrote:

Is there anywhere I can go to figure out how you made this gallery. I didn't think we had that kind of ability. I am a pro member. I just haven't used it too long.
    EVGENY:D
    www.petrovphotography.com
    http://petrovphotography.smugmug.com

Canon 30D
    Canon 24-70mm F2.8L
    Canon 70-200mm F2.8L
    Canon 430EX Flash
  • Options
    edited November 19, 2007
    Is there anywhere I can go to figure out how you made this gallery. I didn't think we had that kind of ability. I am a pro member. I just haven't used it too long.
    http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=76819
  • Options
    TCSTCS Registered Users Posts: 97 Big grins
    edited June 25, 2008
    Andy wrote:
    I know you are sorted but for anyone else out there:

It's a problem with custom domains. When in the card maker, simply change www.yourcustomdomain.com/blahblahblah to www.smugmug.com/blahblahblah and you'll be able to make the card just fine.

We're working on this, stay tuned.

I tried this, for the same problem and it doesn't work...

Christine