Options

Is this a good deal for 30D?

RhuarcRhuarc Registered Users Posts: 1,464 Major grins
edited June 26, 2008 in Cameras
I'm looking at possible upgrading from my XTi to the more prosumer line of camera. I found a deal on craigslist in my are for a 30D for $580, or add the Targus grip to the deal for $635. Just wondering what people here think. It does not come with a lens, so I would be selling my XTi + Grip without a lens as well.

http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/pho/729987256.html

Is this a decent deal for a 30D + Grip? (or without the grip)
What could I get for my XTi + Grip? (together or seperately)
How does the XTi compare to the 30D? (experiences upgrading anyone?)

Thank you in advance!

Comments

• Options
    Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited June 24, 2008
    I am very leary of anything for sale on Craig List.......this doesnot really seem to on line of the scammy ads tho..............
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• Options
    edited June 24, 2008
    Art Scott wrote:
    I am very leary of anything for sale on Craig List.......this doesnot really seem to on line of the scammy ads tho..............

I am ok with at least checking things on Craigs List because most thigns I would get on there are in my area. This is near me, and I would go and actually try the camera out, etc...
  • Options
    Wingin'ItWingin'It Registered Users Posts: 17 Big grins
    edited June 24, 2008
    The best way to get an accurate idea of the market value for a used camera is to check the completed listings on e-bay. Most Canon 30D's without a lens that sold are between $530-$580. If it is on the high end, it should look close to new with no scratches. If you get to see it before buying it, that would make the choice a lot easier. Good luck.
    I was perfectly fine with my camera until I found this place. :evil :dunno
  • Options
    edited June 25, 2008
    Wingin'It wrote:
    The best way to get an accurate idea of the market value for a used camera is to check the completed listings on e-bay. Most Canon 30D's without a lens that sold are between $530-$580. If it is on the high end, it should look close to new with no scratches. If you get to see it before buying it, that would make the choice a lot easier. Good luck.

Thanks for the sugestion about checking ebay. Hadn't thought about that. Hmm, so if that is the case then it looks like the better deal (assuming it is legit) would be to go for the grip also.
  • Options
    claudermilkclaudermilk Registered Users Posts: 2,756 Major grins
    edited June 25, 2008
    Another excellent pricing source is KEH. Of course, it's an equally excellent source for the actual gear.
  • Options
    rpcrowerpcrowe Registered Users Posts: 733 Major grins
    edited June 26, 2008
    Not a good deal...
    This doesn't appear to be a good when you compare it to a refurbished 30D from Adorama for $640 with free shipping. You would get a 90 day warranty and the camera would be eligible for an extended Mack warranty if you so desire.

I have been shooting with a refurb 30D for over a year with absolutely no porblems.

I have more confidence in the Q.A. of the Canon repair Centers than the Q.A. of the Canon Assembly Line.
  • Options
    edited June 26, 2008
    rpcrowe wrote:
    This doesn't appear to be a good when you compare it to a refurbished 30D from Adorama for $640 with free shipping. You would get a 90 day warranty and the camera would be eligible for an extended Mack warranty if you so desire.

I have been shooting with a refurb 30D for over a year with absolutely no porblems.

I have more confidence in the Q.A. of the Canon repair Centers than the Q.A. of the Canon Assembly Line.

The only thing is I would be getting the grip for free which is normaly $120.