Options

I know that I have seen this before ---

Rene`Rene` Registered Users Posts: 207 Major grins
edited June 26, 2008 in Finishing School
but I can't find it. When I am cropping in Photosop before I upload.... should I have any thing in the resolution box??

and If I am resizing an image.... I hardly ever do ........should I have a check beside resample?

Thanks!
Rene`

Comments

• Options
    Rene`Rene` Registered Users Posts: 207 Major grins
    edited June 16, 2008
    Does any body know?
    Rene` wrote:
    but I can't find it. When I am cropping in Photosop before I upload.... should I have any thing in the resolution box??

and If I am resizing an image.... I hardly ever do ........should I have a check beside resample?

Thanks!
    Rene`

I was hoping for an answer...
  • Options
    OspreyOsprey Registered Users Posts: 162 Major grins
    edited June 26, 2008
    Try here
    Look around this forum and maybe repost there and I think you will get help.

http://www.dgrin.com/forumdisplay.php?f=28 should be the support forum.

Good luck:D
  • Options
    Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited June 26, 2008
    Rene` wrote:

Thanks!
    Rene`

99% of the time the only check you want when resizing is CONSTRAIN PROPORTIONS........
    Before uploading I always resiz to 300dpi (since native dpi is 72)[constraining proportions only, this brings it close to 8x10" to be cropped from there] then I would crop after that or else your getting a cropped image at 72dpi and this could be almost diastrous if you cropped a 30 x 40" image at 72dpi to an 8x10 at 72 dpi.........
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website